Waiting for Season 40

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Will you people calm down, Maybe she will alternate with Elmo's world or something. I'm sure it won't be that bad? Let's wait and see how it goes before jumping to anything. There's speculation or guesses about how it goes, but we will have to wait and see before we can judge anything officially.

And about the new special? Well one good thing about it is maybe we'll get to see all the cast at one time as it's very rear thing now days.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Will you people calm down, Maybe she will alternate with Elmo's world or something. I'm sure it won't be that bad? Let's wait and see how it goes before jumping to anything. There's speculation or guesses about how it goes, but we will have to wait and see before we can judge anything officially.
A) I severely doubt it would alternate with Elmo's World... they tried to get rid/phase out Elmo's world 2 seasons ago, and apparently, kids where whining that it wasn't on... "Where's Elmo... definitely, definitely gotta watch Elmo... oh no...oh no..."

B) The rumor was disgussed in this thread earlier this year. I suggest we move the conversation to that thread, so we don't bog this one down talking about it.

C) it may just be good, but I still am ticked about replacing a puppet with CGI. That was the ONE THING I didn't want to see happen on Sesame Street. The Twiddlebugs I let go, since it did work for them... but a major character getting replaced?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well I agree with replacing her with CGI and it is kind of a bummer that they are adding another segment that will take away more time from the show.

Maybe it will alternate on and off with Murray's segment.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. They really don't need Murray's sketch in every ep. They also can do away with 'Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures' and show more classic Bert and Ernie clips. We really haven't gotten too many of those last season.

SSLFan

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. They really don't need Murray's sketch in every ep. They also can do away with 'Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures' and show more classic Bert and Ernie clips. We really haven't gotten too many of those last season.
Agreed. I would have no problem with them two sketches if SS had still did it's "Laugh-In" format and was more freewheeling like it once was. And if they produced more episodes. That's really a big factor in all this, not enough episodes.

On a side note, as someone had mentioned in another thread, it is funny how the American audience WANTED 'Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures' to air on the show,and now after we've seen it, we want the old Muppet incarnations of Bert and Ernie back. We're never satisfied, lol.:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed. I would have no problem with them two sketches if SS had still did it's "Laugh-In" format and was more freewheeling like it once was. And if they produced more episodes. That's really a big factor in all this, not enough episodes.
It amazes me that shows like Family Guy, Robot Chicken, SNL, and various internet videos stress short, quick, fast cut stuff, and people think the best way to go with children is to take that element out of Sesame Street, and replace it with long, droning bloated things that go on forever. (note... well aware of Family Guy having long bloated cut scenes that go on forever... they still have short ones). The problem is, the longer these segments get, the less they can do with the show. And they're already doing far too much as it is. PBS... They NEED more than 26 episodes. Even if they have to go back to reusing street scenes and just having different fillers.

On a side note, as someone had mentioned in another thread, it is funny how the American audience WANTED 'Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures' to air on the show,and now after we've seen it, we want the old Muppet incarnations of Bert and Ernie back. We're never satisfied, lol.:big_grin:
Honesty, I LOVE E&B Great Adventures. I'm glad they've been worked into the show. And I also LOVE Murray had a little Lamb... taking a Muppet out into the real world to interact with real people? Taking them out of that stuffy street sound stage and having them react to real things... that makes them REAL. These are the 2 best things I've seen happen to SS in some time. I wouldn't be annoyed with the Abby segment if A) it was 5 minutes at MOST B) it featured puppet Abby, not the ugly CGI and C) it alternated daily with another segment.

The one thing I'd LOVE to see happen with SS is putting one of the longer segments on rotation, so you get 2 a day, instead of 3 or 4. Elmo's World and Ernie and Bert one day, Murray and Abby the next. And so on. But we all know that's impossible.

And I don't think E&B replaces the puppet characters at all. If the show was longer, there would be room for both.

SSLFan

Reaction score
And I don't think E&B replaces the puppet characters at all. If the show was longer, there would be room for both.
Oh yeah. Just take a look at Sesamstrasse. And their show is 30 min in total. Look how many segments they're still able to fit in.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably because they aren't trying to shove 15 different curriculum down their kids at once. And maybe foreign parents aren't the same fussbudgets their US counterparts are.