Pre-Order Muppets Letters to Santa DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Wow, What a great site, thanks for sharing. As this DVD is being released in the UK on Oct 5th, I think I'll wait. I'll be using this site in the future though.

Chris

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I just got the DVD. The movie runs for 55 minutes including the blooper real at the end.
Really? It runs 55 minutes? WOW! That's almost 15 minutes longer than the broadcast version! So there were a lot of extended/added scenes then, muppet_dk?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Really? It runs 55 minutes? WOW! That's almost 15 minutes longer than the broadcast version! So there were a lot of extended/added scenes then, muppet_dk?
I have not compared the two versions yet, after I wrote the wiki article and posted here and on toughpigs I was out the door. I will be back home this evening, then I will try and compare the two versions.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I have not compared the two versions yet, after I wrote the wiki article and posted here and on toughpigs I was out the door. I will be back home this evening, then I will try and compare the two versions.
Great! Thanks a lot! :big_grin:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
I'm a bit unsure about the copy I had with this, are the only credits in the broadcast version a list of the puppeteers ?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The broadcast version I have are without credits so I'm a bit unsure how much extra the last few things are.

But anyway heres a almost spoiler free list of extended scenes. In one of the scenes a new character are mentioned by name, I won't add him to the wiki, so I won't ruin it for you guys.

The scene in front of the post office are around 30 seconds longer.

The scene where the gang walks down in the hallway in the apartment building, after getting thrown out of the post office are around 30 seconds longer

The close-up at the carrier pigeons comes after the male pigeon says he can carry anything anywhere. The scene were the two pigeons discuss are around 10 seconds longer.

The scene with the Swedish chef and the mafia bosses are 15 seconds longer

The scene are longer at the airport were Kermit says "Who wants to go to the North pole", around 20 seconds.

The scene where the gang goes through the security check are 8 seconds longer. The camera pans by the line in front of the muppets.

The scene were the muppets enter Claire and her moms apartment the turkey is seen going past Claire before Lew Zealand. (a few seconds extra)

After Rowlf goes past Claire's mom, theres a extra scene with Pepe talking to claire at the door, around 10 seconds extra

A extra scene with Gonzo arriving, 10 seconds.

The Electric Mayhem comes with a few comments as they pass Claire's mom, 35 seconds.

A extra scene with Doctor Teeth and Zoot, after Claire asks if Robin want to help her, 7 seconds, Small spoiler alert Zoot's religion are revealed.

After a credit list of puppeteers, the blooper real begins, length around 4 minutes and 30 seconds, right after that the "Glad all Over music video" runs, followed by the main credits with additional bloopers. After the credits more bloopers are shown with Bobo and Nathan Lane

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Excellent! That all sounds GREAT! The Band is certainly featured a little bit more, that's wonderful. :big_grin: Can not WAIT for this DVD!

Nick22

Reaction score
Excellent! That all sounds GREAT! The Band is certainly featured a little bit more, that's wonderful. :big_grin: Can not WAIT for this DVD!
i can't wait either! i'm probably gonna buy it right when it comes out. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.