Food Network Challenge: Sesame Street Cakes

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Big Bird Cake is awesome! I don't know the name of this guy who won?

goshposh

Reaction score
I cant believe the Big Bird cake won! First, Prairie Dawn was missing an eyebrow and second, they made up their own muppet! The elmo cake should have won

MWoO

Reaction score
I noticed Rizzo on the Oscar cake too! I thought it was a neat little easter egg for those watching who are more than just Sesame Street fans!

I thought the best looking cake was Elmo with Cookie Monster a close second. The Big Bird cake was off, but I can't really say how. And, lastly, I agree with the judges that Oscar wasn't big enough.

(This is my own opinion please don't shout at me if you think differently)
It's most certainly Big Bird's eyes that are off, and the shape of the beak seemed pretty off to me as well. The actual body and structure of the character are spot on though.

Nick22

Reaction score
i loved watching this! i wanted the elmo cake or the cookie monster cake to win, but im okay with the big bird cake winning. i think they all turned out awesome. i loved that the big bird cake included prairie dawn. :big_grin:

i also saw rizzo. my brother spotted him for me.

i was rully annoyed with big bird's eyes. they looked WAY off to me. and cookie monster's mouth look odd too.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I cant believe the Big Bird cake won! First, Prairie Dawn was missing an eyebrow and second, they made up their own muppet! The elmo cake should have won
In all honesty, did you even notice that she was missing an eyelash until they mentioned it? I certainly didn't and neither did the guy who made it.

And yeah, the Big Bird face WAS kind of off.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet, but I do look forward to the Rizzo bit. I like the idea of someone being a huge enough MFC fan to add that little touch.

MWoO

Reaction score
In all honesty, did you even notice that she was missing an eyelash until they mentioned it? I certainly didn't and neither did the guy who made it.

And yeah, the Big Bird face WAS kind of off.
When you're in a contest for 10,000 dollars I think every detail counts. A missing eyelash may not seem like much, but it's part of the character detail.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
it says on the show's website that they'll air the episode again Aug 1 at 4 pm ET/PT and Aug 9 at 6 pm ET/PT
OOH thank you. I was at a family gathering this past weekend and missed the show. I was curious to see the cakes.