Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No "I Don't Want to Live on the Moon" or original "C is for Cookie"! Ack!:frown:
Yeah, but those are on so many other DVD releases... I'm glad that there is just so few instances of double dipping on this set, and so many rare bits we may never have seen...

Telly's FIRST appearance is on there... a fan's biggest dream. We didn't even see that on Youtube or even SS's own video player yet! I am TOTALLY psyched for this set. Sure, there are a few more skits here and there I'd love to see... something with Gilbert and Sullivan for example... but there's just so much there already. And the extras alone are worth the purchase.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
And the extras alone are worth the purchase.
Agreed completely. You're not going to see these extras ANYWHERE. An interview with Jon Stone, Caroll, AND Kevin? That's worth twenty bucks right there--and that's less than half of the bonus features!

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
The Interviews and Even The Pop up Facts that come on screen, if the facts are anything like TMMS Season one than its going to be great! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I first saw that list, I misread AlphaQuest: R as "Alphabet Chat: R", listed under season 21, and then I saw that it was in episode 1800 from season 13 and thought there was a major error there.

I am confused about how "Behind the Street" has options to "turn on" an d"turn off". I assume these are video featurettes, not commentary tracks, so I don't know what's mean tby turning them on or off within the menu. Unless they are like those video interviews with Michael J Fox on the Back to the Future DVD set, which plays video of the interview in a small square while the movie plays simultanteously.

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
When I first saw that list, I misread AlphaQuest: R as "Alphabet Chat: R", listed under season 21, and then I saw that it was in episode 1800 from season 13 and thought there was a major error there.

I am confused about how "Behind the Street" has options to "turn on" an d"turn off". I assume these are video featurettes, not commentary tracks, so I don't know what's mean tby turning them on or off within the menu. Unless they are like those video interviews with Michael J Fox on the Back to the Future DVD set, which plays video of the interview in a small square while the movie plays simultanteously.
I think what you are talking about are the pop-up Facts as the DVD goes along, you can either have the Facts pop up during the clips or turn them off and watch the clips and moments as themselves with no pop-up facts.

I was also wondering what any of you think the menus will be like, do you think animated and music? and how do you think the menus will be set up as each season pick your clips or by category,

I was just wondering what your thoughts were, :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think what you are talking about are the pop-up Facts as the DVD goes along, you can either have the Facts pop up during the clips or turn them off and watch the clips and moments as themselves with no pop-up facts.
No, if you look at that list, you'll see that it has "Pop-Up Facts" followed by "Turn Feature On" and "Turn Feature Off", and then it lists "Behind the Street", followed by "Turn Feature On" and "Turn Feature Off".

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
No, if you look at that list, you'll see that it has "Pop-Up Facts" followed by "Turn Feature On" and "Turn Feature Off", and then it lists "Behind the Street", followed by "Turn Feature On" and "Turn Feature Off".
Oh Ok I was just trying to give some info I knew! :big_grin: I guess this is going to be one DVD set that we can do all the guessing and get all the facts that we can about the set but then won't truly know everything until the set comes out, I bet there will be some great surprises on the set that we won't even know before hand, I bet there will be some little moments on this DVD set that make us smile even thought its not big long moment just the little moment that bring happiness, and Muppet goodness and brings us back to being child again,

On the Jimmy Kimmel Show With Big Bird, they showed the DVD set and it Looks like each disc is in a Case of its own and not one big case holding two disc like I though, don't hold me to that, but I think that's what I saw,

I guess two cases work because on the back of each case you can put each of the clips that are featured on the disc,

dwmckim

Reaction score
You know... I might skip buying this to see if I can collect a majority of clips and street scenes mentioned, cutting some and adding others to make a home version of SST's 40 years. Something to tinker about with the tape traders on the boards. :shifty:
Personally speaking as one of the tape traders on the board, i wouldn't do it. I can't speak for everyone but most tape traders follow a code of ethics out of respect for the property we love (and also not to cross any legal lines) that we don't make copies of something that's officially released and in print. To me it doesn't matter if they're individual clips or not. If someone contacting me wanting a whole bunch of clips and these clips were the ones on the 40th anniv boxset, my response would be "you can find these on the boxset - please buy this so money goes to SW which will allow them to do more projects and other releases we love"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, but therein lies the problem. What if someone doesn't care for any particular clip included in the original official release? Would I or anyone else be able to delete the clip? And wouldn't that mess with the following clip/sketch to the point it creates some residual mess when viewing? That's why it might be better to do a fan-based compilation, just not including the non-desired clip or sketch... Plus, additions and/or substitutions can be further made. Again, haven't decided what I'll do. Meh. :attitude:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder what "Grover's Restaurant: Most Important Meal" is about. When I first read that I thought it would be the one where Grover talks about the food chain, which was already released on the Play with me Sesame DVD titled "Furry and Fun and Healthy, Too!", and wasn't impressed by this choice... I don't think of that as one of the best "Grover's Restaurant" sketches (I'd rather have the giant hamburger, the appearances by The Count or Simon Soundman, the "fly in my soup", the rival waiter, Charlie's birthday...)... But then realise that Grover didn't really talk about the "most important meal" there... And when looking at the Waiter Grover page at Muppet Wiki, I couldn't really find anything that fits that title.
Looks like I might have been right after all. The clip I think it is is at sesamestreet.org under the similar title Grover's Important Meal. I would have given it a title like "Grover's Resraurant: Food Chain".

Status
Not open for further replies.