Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

Haydensmommy

Reaction score
I don't know if this has been posted on here yet but I found this on IMDB.com. Looks like Artie Esposito and Eric Jacobson did Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent but didn't get credited. The performers who did the chickens did - Bill Barretta, David Rutman, Matt Vogel, and Dave Goelz. I read futher on Steve Whitmire's page and found this article.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/disney-recast-kermit-the-frog-end-of-muppets/

I sure home this doesn't become true!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, we know IMDB has a tendency to not always be 100% right.

I doubt Kermit is being recast. After all, how close did this appearance of Kermit fall to D23? I know Kermit was involved with that. Wasn't that Steve? After all, if they paid Johnny Depp to appear as Jack Sparrow, I doubt they'd rather Steve be on TV when they'd want him there in person.

Nick22

Reaction score
i heard that the muppets are gonna peform on AGT AGAIN tomorrow. is this true?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yes (there's a new thread about it).

Gonzo is slated to be the main performer so we may not see Kismet the Toad tomorrow.

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
...After all, how close did this appearance of Kermit fall to D23? I know Kermit was involved with that. Wasn't that Steve? After all, if they paid Johnny Depp to appear as Jack Sparrow, I doubt they'd rather Steve be on TV when they'd want him there in person.
Kermit lip-synched to a pre-recorded song at D23 and was otherwise silent. There was no sign of Steve Whitmire.

John Kennedy did play Kermit once for a Disney Cruise Lines show. But the performer playing Kermit on America's Got Talent and the VMAs wasn't Steve and wasn't John Kennedy. So I guess Disney thinks their third choice is good enough for us.

I doubt Kermit is being recast.
But he just has been!

dwmckim

Reaction score
You might want to check out my post in the Steve Whitmire petetion thread. Until we have an answer on what's going on with Steve, i'm referring to faux Kermit as Kismet the Toad - and if you do check out my post there, you'll also find some other interesting connections between the two circumstances as well...