Gonzo doesn't appear on America's Got Talent

Drtooth

Reaction score
Total wild speculation here, but wouldn't it be great if the core performers were pulling away from performances in support of Steve? Maybe there's some weirdness happening with contract negotiations all around. Or maybe Gonzo just got bumped. It's anyone's guess.
The two theories I have are that Dave and Gonzo just couldn't make it in time after the D23 expo (and as such, there was no time to rehearse or anything)... or he just got bumped for Flat-sounding Rascals. The speculative theory I have (the one that has no lick of evidence, but I can feel it) is that we complained so much about the last one that Disney said "NO! We're not doing that again."

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That'd be great except I thought that was the season finale of that show. Kinda makes it hard to reschedule.
It was? I don't watch the show much so I haven't been following what was going on. But I suppose they could have a Gonzo appearance next season. Something to think about.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Meh, I don't follow them much at all. I didn't catch the Kermit/Piggy appearance either. I'm not going to channel surf obsessively. I don't like making tv watching a scavenger hunt. I watch to kill time or enjoy myself. Muppet references are just a happy surprise.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
But how do we KNOW Gonzo wasn't on? Maybe Disney/Puppet Heap decided to do some more tweaking of the design and we didn't recognize him...
Ask a silly question:

Why isn't the Muppet Workshop making the Muppet characters anymore? Does Disney have something against them?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Ask a silly question:

Why isn't the Muppet Workshop making the Muppet characters anymore? Does Disney have something against them?
Disney had companies bid on the contract. The Muppet Workshop (which is now part of the Creature Shop, I believe) didn't have the lowest bid, and lost the contract.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The more I think about it... I'd rather have seen Rick Astley over Susan Boyal... But really... if they wanted to go that far, they might as well have got someone up in a Mario suit and had him say "All Toasters Toast Toast." or something. Freakin' internet fads...

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Disney had companies bid on the contract. The Muppet Workshop (which is now part of the Creature Shop, I believe) didn't have the lowest bid, and lost the contract.
Ya' know, since LTS I thought things were going to keep getting better. Oh, how wrong I was!

First Steve disappears off the face of the planet with no explanation and now THIS!

WHY MUST THE TORTURE US SO!

They just spent $4 billion to buy Marvel yet they won't spend extra on puppets! I know it's good business sense and all but, IT'S RIDICILOUS! IT'S OUTRAGEOUS! IT'S SOMETHING I CAN'T MENTION WITH CHILDREN PRESENT!

No offence to either Disney or The Puppet Heap, but that's like suddenly switching from (insert brand name here) to an inferior rip-off brand! The Muppet Workshop has been making the characters for over fifty years and Disney thinks they can suddenly switch companies on us and everything will be alright! It's...it's...it's still something I can't mention with children present!

There, I have vented. :cool:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Maybe Disney saw all the negative reaction to Schmermit the Frog last time they were on agt, followed by the vmas, and decided to pull gonzo.