New Fraggle Rock Clothing Line coming!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Their photo section under news. It's under Guest photos. Takes some clicking, but the photo I'm talking about is the last one in that set. :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw some of them.. they look cool and all, but I am NOT loving the 45 dollar per shirt price tag. I'm glad for the line, but I just HATE designer clothes being exclusive retailers fro cartoon T-shirts I'd buy in a heartbeat otherwise.

I just hope that there's a nice line of general public T-shirts that I can get at Kohls for cheap.

Really... all it takes is one bleach stain, and you've got a 45 dollar rag. :smirk:

beaker

Reaction score
(Something tells me I'm gonna need to work 15 jobs to get one T-shirt once this line comes out, lemme tell yah!)
What...you saying you don't like 245% toy and shirt markups at trendy stores like Urban Outfitters? :stick_out_tongue:

As far as silly creatures...Pee Wee, Emo Phillips, Crispin Glover,
etc are silly creatures...
Paris Hilton is a creature that needs to go to a clinic.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Tees are attractive. I don't think they should pass the $30 mark, but that's Los Angeles for you. Sababa did such a great job with their mini Fraggle plush line that there's no excuse for these mushy-looking ones from Dr. Doozer. I'm glad something is being made and hopefully the quality will improve as the marketplace catches up with the Fraggle brand. :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
What...you saying you don't like 245% toy and shirt markups at trendy stores like Urban Outfitters? :stick_out_tongue:
Seriously, it's like I'm the ONLY one in the generation that can't actually afford that stuff.

Plus, I live in morbid fear of the dreaded bleach stain. I lost several very good shirts I only wore once or twice that way.

Sababa did such a great job with their mini Fraggle plush line that there's no excuse for these mushy-looking ones from Dr. Doozer. I'm glad something is being made and hopefully the quality will improve as the marketplace catches up with the Fraggle brand.
I don't think Dr. Doozer is doing the plush... just the shirts. They're meh at best, and Red does look decent... but she's the most simplistic to design of the bunch. No subtlety in the nose. Only problem I ever had with Sababa's FR plush was the fact they couldn't get retail support for Mokey and Traveling Matt (releasing them annually wasn't a good idea either). Really, they were just fabulous looking.

That said, these 25 dollar FR plush are still better looking than the 250 dollar Germain Mohair Kermit. Steif completists... mumble mumble.

beaker

Reaction score
Seriously, it's like I'm the ONLY one in the generation that can't actually afford that stuff.

Plus, I live in morbid fear of the dreaded bleach stain. I lost several very good shirts I only wore once or twice that way.

I don't think Dr. Doozer is doing the plush... just the shirts. They're meh at best, and Red does look decent... but she's the most simplistic to design of the bunch. No subtlety in the nose. Only problem I ever had with Sababa's FR plush was the fact they couldn't get retail support for Mokey and Traveling Matt (releasing them annually wasn't a good idea either). Really, they were just fabulous looking.

That said, these 25 dollar FR plush are still better looking than the 250 dollar Germain Mohair Kermit. Steif completists... mumble mumble.
Bleach stain? eep. It bugs me no end how many of the "retro" shirts at hot topic, kohls, etc are "intentionally faded".

I HAAAATE this trend. I purposefully buy two shirts to keep one mint, and the other i use woolite. I have video game shirts from the late 1980's that still fit and still look pretty good. Why would I want to pay 20-30 dollars for intentionally faded shirts? ugh.

Haha, yeah the Steif kermits are in that vain of crazy expensive kermit and piggy porcelain/egg stuff Michael Jackson bought.

And while I know it bothers people when I say I don't feel the replica muppets look like the real posers we see in promo images, they are a heck of a lot better deal than that hoity toity rich stuff.

What reallllly excites me? The idea of cheap $3-5 dollar Muppet figures and figurines at Disney stores someday.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bleach stain? eep. It bugs me no end how many of the "retro" shirts at hot topic, kohls, etc are "intentionally faded".
I can't say I'm a fan of that one either... but really... I had this GREAT Ernie and Bert T-Shirt I only wore once, and it got Bleach on it, and I NEVER lived it down. I got it cheap, but I REALLY REALLY liked it, and could never get it again.

I really take pride in my T-Shirt collection, and I am proud of the diverse cartoons, Muppets and the occasional Sitcoms I have on them. That's one reason I hate winter... I have to cover these all up with coats. A bleach stain on it from someone else's carelessness always ticks me off. I should get 2 of each shirt, and all... but I would rather get many different shirts. it's a money and space issue for me.

Of course, ones that really mean something to me I never wear. I have a great "Weird Al" shirt from when I saw his Running with Scissors tour that I would never want to put in any sort of jeopardy by wearing it out, bleach stains... etc.