1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Fraggle Rock Clothing Line coming!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Sep 25, 2009.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah in a way the glut of "hip retro/obscure/geek" t shirts takes the fun out of when you *do* find some rare promo or long out of print shirt. I remember having a Johnny The Homicidal Maniac shirt and nintendo promo shirts long before hot topic started carrying that stuff.

Im like you, if a shirt is really rare I tend not to wear it out. Though I've kind of abandoned wearing tshirts all together, and mostly wear snazzy dressshirts with a plethora of kooky off beat skinny ties.

But...my friend *did* surprise me with this shirt I love:
    http://store.theonion.com/product/i-appreciate-the-muppets-on-a-much-deeper-level-th,2/

Also, that's why I ONLY use woolite for my clothes
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

What's with this excess of bleach? I haven't used the stuff in years, but I don't wear many whites.

I like the vintage look, but it can be taken too far and mar the quality of the print rather than provide style. It's all in how the designer pulls it off. The shirts are cool-looking. Still, they don't need to be so complicated. A simple neatly printed image of the character with the t-shirt as background is all that's really required. In fact, that usually works best! :coy:
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's the worst part... I DON'T use Bleach... it just sort of... happens when someone else uses it. I'd be just slightly ticked that i ruined a favorite shirt... but I'm pretty annoyed when someone else's leftovers splatter on it, or something.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I'm tired of only being able to find shirts that are designed to look distressed, or with characters performing out of their personality traits, like gangsta Popeye. Why can't designers just give us characters behaving normal on good quality shirts?
  5. TheHairyMonster

TheHairyMonster New Member

This is EXACTLY how I feel. All I want is some good Henson related shirts, that portray the characters in the manner that made me love them in the first place. Having Kermit and Fozzie dressed as rappers and stuff like that is not what I want. The "old school" look I don't mind so much.... it's not my preference, but if I have a Sonic the Hedgehog shirt I can slip on, then I'll take it. Sadly, I haven't seen many Muppet related shirts like that that I like either. I'd give anything for a shirt of just Wembley or Sprocket... the way they are meant to be. I don't want to go out in a shirt and have people assume I'm wearing it because it's hip, rather than because I love the characters.
  6. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

350 euros for the Fraggle sweater? They're crazy! I could never afford this stuff.
  7. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Really! I have NEVER seen characters behaving normal on a shirt. They just pose with a smile. If they were acting normally on a shirt, they should be panicking and waving their arms and shouting "NO - NOT THE IRON!"
  8. Drtooth

You have NO idea how much that made me laugh, man! :D

Yeah, the Gansta type behavior, giving random characters guitars... The difference is you can pop down to Kohls or something and grab a Popeye Gangsta shirt for 10 bucks... these are almost 50. But then again, the purpose of these things is just to look cool for people with a LOT of disposable income who kinda sorta remember the "Fribbles" and think the shirts are cool because the things cost so much. You know, the kind of person that waits in line all night to buy a lumuted edition T-Shirt at Johnny Cupcakes or something... how I loathe those sorts of places. If I wanna pay top dollar for clothing, I'm going to look NICE... get a good suit, nice shoes...
  9. Fozzie Bear

or, "No, no--not the bleach; it'll make me disappe..."
  10. Drtooth

"Stupid lady washes colors in warm water! Oooohhh, I'm sure to fade now!"
  11. Fozzie Bear

Now, don't be a gender-ist. I wash my colors in warm water, too! Wait, I wasn't s'posed to?
  12. Drtooth

It was a quote from the TV show "Space Goofs." I'm not surprised no one got the reference.