Will there be an Old School Vol. 3 DVD?

Narpin

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything on an Old School Vol 3?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Since Warner Bros. is now distributing Sesame DVDs, Volume 3 is very unlikely.

Narpin

Reaction score
Darn.

How did Vol. 1 and 2 sell? If they sold well, why wouldn't Warners stick with a winning formula?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm sure as many people who prefer SST nostalgia over the current incarnation that sales did pretty well, it's just that WB isn't exactly the best company for DVDs, especially as far as children's/family compilation sets are concerned.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a shame that Warner Bros. didn't get the Sesame Street license back in 2003 when they started the Looney Tunes: Golden Collection series. That would have been a great time for a collectors market Sesame Street release. I haven't bought too many of Warner Bros.'s animation DVDs besides the Looney Tunes sets and the Peanuts 1960s set... It seems like Warner has been doing less on the features this past year (and perhaps the years before). I'm confident that WB will release some sort of collectors market Sesame Street release, even if the amount of features are equal to Sony Wonder and Genius Products' releases.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The switch to Warner's was extraordinarily recent. However before this happened no news had come out under previous owners about a volume 3 most likely due to the 40th anniversary set coming out - that's a pretty major (and similar) retrospective box set...even if there was no change in dvd distributors i wouldn't expect and announcements of another Old School release until after 40th anniversary dvd had been out for awhile.

unclematt

Reaction score
I may be wrong but I thought I heard that this was going to happen.

zns

Reaction score
The switch to Warner's was extraordinarily recent. However before this happened no news had come out under previous owners about a volume 3 most likely due to the 40th anniversary set coming out - that's a pretty major (and similar) retrospective box set...even if there was no change in dvd distributors i wouldn't expect and announcements of another Old School release until after 40th anniversary dvd had been out for awhile.
Very well thought out observation there D.W.!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure as many people who prefer SST nostalgia over the current incarnation that sales did pretty well, it's just that WB isn't exactly the best company for DVDs, especially as far as children's/family compilation sets are concerned.
Oh yeah. Sure, they try to make fans happy initially, but then they either suspend making them all together or, like they did with the Smurfs, release the beginning of the sets perfectly, and then they cut to kiddy volumes of 5 episodes for twice as much as they'd cost in a season set. Hey, I'm still waiting to hear if they're going to even continue the Tiny Toons, Animaniacs and Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries sets.

Unless SW has fully control of the DVD's they plan to release, I'm worried about the whole thing myself. I feel the only reason why there hasn't been an OS 3 was because SW had that new 40th anniversary set, and while it doesn't exactly count as an OS, it would indefinitely compete with it if they released both at the same time. Plus, I'm starting to think they only planned on making 2 OS sets anyway.