Will there be an Old School Vol. 3 DVD?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard rumors that Warners is considering going in a different direction than the Old School sets with the classic material so it will be interesting to see how everything plays out in the months to come.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've heard rumors that Warners is considering going in a different direction than the Old School sets with the classic material so it will be interesting to see how everything plays out in the months to come.
I'll be surprised if Warner Bros. releases any kind of Sesame Street sets with more than two discs. Maybe Warner will have newly-produced material as bonus features.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as WB DVDs are concerned, I'm STILL waiting for them to continue releasing season sets of Ed, Edd n Eddy - they gave us the first two seasons, then just quit.

On that note, MGM left us hanging after three seasons of Green Acres, same with Sony Wonder with Rocky and Bullwinkle.

Drtooth

Reaction score
On that note, MGM left us hanging after three seasons of Green Acres, same with Sony Wonder with Rocky and Bullwinkle.
On a technicality, I'm blaming Sony and the collapse of Sony Wonder on the Bullwinkle Sets. Classic media/Media rights as well. I wonder if Sony still had the option, making it impossible for Genius entertainment to give us the rest of them. At least they gave us George of the Jungle.

I really REALLY wish that Warners would just distribute the stuff and give SW the authority on what foes on the DVD's, what gets released and how these things are considered. They've done a fine job once they found out what we wanted. Remember... thaey still released OS 2 after the transition from Sony Wonder to Genius.

Really wish Vivendi still had that option when they got all of genius's stock.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been thinking of what kinds of releases would be cool for Warner to release. It'd be cool if there was some sort of "Sesame Street Milestone" collection, focusing on episodes and/ or street scenes that broke new grounds or had very big changes. It would also be cool if there was a one or two-disc release featuring street scenes, stories, and inserts in which the adults don't believe in Mr. Snuffleupagus, from his first appearance in 1971 to the episode where they finally saw him. It'd be great to see the street scenes where Maria, Gordon, and Linda decide to believe that he exists.

Another cool idea would be a release of every 100th episode. Episodes 100, 200, 300, and so on... I wonder if any hundreadth episodes were in the middle of any storylines.

Some character-based sets would be nice as well. Last night I was fantasizing over the idea of a two-disc Grover set.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
As far as WB DVDs are concerned, I'm STILL waiting for them to continue releasing season sets of Ed, Edd n Eddy - they gave us the first two seasons, then just quit.

As far as MGM is concerned they are now getting distubuted out by FOX so they may be going to release Green Acres and other shows that MGM helped make like the show In The Heat Of The Night.

Now on the Sesame matter I think if you kind of did it by decades then it could be done well. say for the 70's set have one disk all the street stories another disk all the Muppet skits from that decade and then a thrid disk for all the Anamaided and other skits. Something like that would be very interesting to see.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now on the Sesame matter I think if you kind of did it by decades then it could be done well. say for the 70's set have one disk all the street stories another disk all the Muppet skits from that decade and then a thrid disk for all the Anamaided and other skits. Something like that would be very interesting to see.
That would be cool. Or maybe have one or two full episodes per disc, plus what you mentioned.

Man, I know that there's a lot of behind-the-scenes info out there regarding various classic animation DVDs, but there doesn't seem to be anything like this regarding Sesame Street DVDs. I know that there's been at least one online chat or two with people from Warner Home Video. Maybe if there's another one soon we can ask if Warner intends on releasing classic SST DVD collections.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Why I'm not in marketing is beyond me. I would make Disney Wanrer Sesame and Henson a lot of cash, if they would just listen to me.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why I'm not in marketing is beyond me. I would make Disney Wanrer Sesame and Henson a lot of cash, if they would just listen to me.
Or me. :smile: I figure that many of us fans have good ideas on what should be included on the "ultimate Sesame Street set for hardcore fans".

A few ideas that would be great:
  • Continuing the "Old School" sets, maybe by having them continue to be season premieres until the official "old school" period ends, after which random and/ or more noteworthy episodes from the 1970s and 1980s can be released.
  • A collection of single-disc releases titled "Sesame Street: The Random Classics". These would be releases of randomly-chosen segments from 1969-1989, with maybe a few true classics thrown in as well.
  • A "Sesame Street Mini-Series" collection of boxed sets, focusing on mini-series and storylines, like the hawaii episodes, trip to new mexico, trip to puerto rico, adoption of Miles, the remodling of the Fix-It Shop and Hooper's Store, and Slimey's trip to the moon (though that last one probably had so many relevant episodes that maybe it'd be bestt to just include the most important episodes on the subject, plus additional clips from episodes that revolve around the trip).
  • A number of single-disc releases focusing on major storylines that went beyond mini-series (though Slimey goes to the Moon coudl fit here). Like a release of clips focusing on when the adults didn't believe in mr. Snuffleupagus, Luis and Maria's wedding, the birth of Gabriela, Telly getting an arm cast, and so on.
  • Chronological Character Collections, featuring just inserts with featured characters, similar to the Walt Disney treasures "chronological" collections. There'd sure have to be many of these before becoming complete.
  • Another collection relating to characters, either being single-discs sold seeperately or a multi-disc set. Basically, one would be an "All-Stars" release, another would be dedicated to major supporting "old school" characters who aren't used much anymore (if at all), and the other would focus on skits with the "most obscure SST characters of all-time!" (including Professor Hastings, Dr. Nobel Price, Warren Wolf, Aristotle, The Busby Twins, Leslie Mostly, and more).
  • This might not be too likely, but maybe a "where it all began" boxed set, featuring the first five episodes (yes, even though the first episode has been released), the five test pilots, This Way to Sesame Street, and maybe also the original cut of the pitch reel (with a different ending, which doesn't invovle Kermit coming up with a title).
  • Finally two-or-three-disc sets releated to decades/10-year-periods, similar to what Dwaynne suggested.

unclematt

Reaction score
I really like the idea of the character profiles and the relase of the first five episodes.