Big Bird on Jimmy Kimmel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still don't think Jimmy Fallon of all people needs a late night talk show, but I'd be happy to see this for sure, lol.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I still don't think Jimmy Fallon of all people needs a late night talk show, but I'd be happy to see this for sure, lol.
Have you SEEN Jimmy, Snowthy? He's HILARIOUS. Like, consistently. He's fresh and vibrant and just funny all the time. He's my favorite of the late night hosts. :big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I also have no love for the Jimmys of late night. They always seem to be having more fun laughing than I am - and I laugh a lot. They just make me feel uncomfortable like when Chevy Chase tried too hard on his infamous talk show.

There have only been three real late night hosts for my taste. Johnny Carson, David Letterman and Conan O'Brien. I do like Craig Ferguson, but he's fairly loose and breezy. I don't count Jon Stewart or Bill Maher as late night hosts as much as political comedy.

I prefer the Muppets to be on Conan or Letterman, but for some reason that just doesn't happen. I guess the Jimmys have good taste or good booking agents. I can say that for them. :super:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you SEEN Jimmy, Snowthy? He's HILARIOUS. Like, consistently. He's fresh and vibrant and just funny all the time. He's my favorite of the late night hosts. :big_grin:
I'm not saying he's not funny, what I meant was... to me, to give a former SNLer his own late night talk show would be like giving Sarah Palin her own country... if that makes sense...

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Does anyone know (or have a good guess) who's performing Big Bird on Jimmy Kimmel? Is Carroll Spinney still doing live appearances? He's one performer I would still really like to meet, and it would be great if he was coming out to the west coast!

-Murray

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The last I recall Big Bird being performed for a live event, it was Caroll, but that was a few years ago, and it was regarding Caroll being honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award... lol, Big Bird was so funny...

"YAY, CAROLL SPINNEY! GO, CAROLL SPINNEY! Wait... who's Caroll Spinney?"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Shameless plug...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDq_Bn387GU

I posted Grover's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel from 2005 on YT a few years ago, back when they didn't suck.

I forgot to tape Fozzie (and Rizzo)'s appearance from that same year, but oh well. I'ma tape Big Bird's appearance for sure!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Shameless plug...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDq_Bn387GU

I posted Grover's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel from 2005 on YT a few years ago, back when they didn't suck.

I forgot to tape Fozzie (and Rizzo)'s appearance from that same year, but oh well. I'ma tape Big Bird's appearance for sure!
"You were great in 'Sideways'!" Love that bit. If any show is responsible for the erosion of brain power it's the 8 seasons of Wings, not the 40 seasons of Sesame Street. I'm reminded by the episode of Animaniacs when the Devil professes his limits to how many years he can renew Wings. Anyway, that Kimmel is Grover at his best! :super:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Gee, MC it's been a while. Yes. Awesome.I can't wait for the Elmo/Rosita one.

EDIT: LOL! Slayer and Big Bird are on in the same episode... That could end in hilarity