Season 40 Hidden Gems

Drtooth

Reaction score
Because no one posted it yet, THIS was the episode with Biff and Sully in the background. There was also a Honker... I hope that doesn't mean they're getting phased out.

Plus, there was a little blue monster with a little pink nose and horns... that wasn't an old character, was it?

dwmckim

Reaction score
No that's a new AM monster.

Doubt that the Honkers are being phased out. They've appeared much more recently and frequently than Biff/Sully - plus it simply makes good sense to keep around characters that can be played by any available Muppeteer.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Doubt that the Honkers are being phased out. They've appeared much more recently and frequently than Biff/Sully - plus it simply makes good sense to keep around characters that can be played by any available Muppeteer.
I haven't seen one all season, and they didn't even bother to add honking noises in post production with the rest of the SFX. That's what kinda worried me.

dwmckim

Reaction score
If i was a puppeteer on the SST set and got the task of performing the cow in today's episode, i would have been WAY too tempted to get into the "gem spirit" and perform her with a Southern accent and imploring the others to "call me Natalie"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Well, today's episode was the long awaited cameo of Biff and Sully (I think 'Jack be Nimble' first aired today, unless I missed it when it aired before), that was neat. It's too bad Biff hadn't been given a line though. After all, Jerry could have at least looped in his voice. Still, it was good to see them.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well, today's episode was the long awaited cameo of Biff and Sully (I think 'Jack be Nimble' first aired today, unless I missed it when it aired before), that was neat. It's too bad Biff hadn't been given a line though. After all, Jerry could have at least looped in his voice. Still, it was good to see them.
If you listen very close you can hear Biff every now and then say something. It's kinda hard but still cool to hear Biff still sound like he does.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, I FINALLY found out what the hidden Gem of the dull Camping episode was... apparently, Elmo and Chris hum a bit of the "Willie Wimple" song at the very beginning. That's from Muppet Wiki... now, if anyone has made these into clips yet, I would like to see someone post them.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Okay, I FINALLY found out what the hidden Gem of the dull Camping episode was... apparently, Elmo and Chris hum a bit of the "Willie Wimple" song at the very beginning. That's from Muppet Wiki... now, if anyone has made these into clips yet, I would like to see someone post them.
I'm actually working on a video compilation of these things, so if you want, I could upload just that part somewhere.

EDIT: In today's "Inspector Four" episode, Chris sings Joe Raposo's "Peanut Butter" song as he makes some sandwiches.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm actually working on a video compilation of these things, so if you want, I could upload just that part somewhere.
Actually, I was going to ask you on Youtube if you were planning on it.