Season 40 Hidden Gems

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I saw that today and was gonna post it. WOW- that was really cool to see Bip Bipadotta on Sesame Street again- AND in a Street scene. I may be wrong, but that's probably the first time he's ever been in a Street scene. And yep- he did his classic "Mahna Mahna" line. Nice!:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I thought that was him, only I didn't hear 'Mahna, Mahna.' Maybe my sound was too low.

dwmckim

Reaction score
We actually had a little bit of a "two-fer" today. In addition to Bip, we also got an appearance from the Frank Biondo Muppet. Others may not count that since it's also popped up in recent seasons but i would since Frank has been an important part of the behind the scenes crew since the first episode so it was nice to see him get an on-camera tribute moment in season 40.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Bip Boppadotta was in the laundromat window watching the races... he even said "Mahnah Mahnah?"
What? I must have been doing something at the time he was shown. I'll have to go back and look at it. That's pretty cool. I did see Frank Biondo Muppet version. That's neat too. Now i'm hyped to go watch for Bip dude. (runs off to watch that part)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
We actually had a little bit of a "two-fer" today. In addition to Bip, we also got an appearance from the Frank Biondo Muppet. Others may not count that since it's also popped up in recent seasons but i would since Frank has been an important part of the behind the scenes crew since the first episode so it was nice to see him get an on-camera tribute moment in season 40.
Thanks for that bit of info. I never knew who Frank Biondo was. It would be cool to see a Carroll Spinney or Joan Ganz Cooney muppet.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
How about the Jerry Nelson, Frank Oz and Jim Henson Muppets that were used on The Muppet Show? It'd be nice to see them on Sesame Street for a cameo- especially since this coming year will mark the 20th. anniversary of Jim's death.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Those Jim, Frank, and Jerry Muppets (or "The Country Trio") aren't owned by SW and it's very doubtful they'd shell out money or work out some arrangement just for a hidden gem. Best they could do is make Anything Muppets in their likeness (in fact they did do that with Jerry in the Families Stand Together special)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Argh! That's right- I keep forgetting about these ownership deals and stuff. I'm still in a "Muppet Family Christmas" kind of mindset, where The Muppets where all just one happy family and they could easily jump into each other's shows with no problem.
Well, at least Sesame Street already had Jim's picture up in the laundromat. That's cool.