Season 40 Hidden Gems

dwmckim

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out what the hidden gem in #4188 (The Cowmonster Pair) is? Someone thinks there were pictures of the past Hooper's runners in the store, and I did see some pictures on near the entrance door, but I couldn't make them out. I also think the milk carton Chris used had something, but I also couldn't make that out.
Don't think it's the milk carton - it has a cartoony looking animal on it but doesn't look like anything i recall from classic Sesame...just more a case of the usual fun props that are seen in Hooper's. Those pictures near the entrance door do appear to be the gem but you need to be able to see the episode in widescreen to really see it. (My PBS station has been really weird lately - sometime they keep it as widescreen, sometimes they crop the picture to fullscreen - and sometime they'll change it up in the middle of an episode. More often than not, they'll be some odd transmission glitch - it's like trained monkeys are operating the station or something! I've only been able to hold onto a handful of episodes for my video collection since i don't want to save the ones that get messed up)

From what i could make out, one photo does seem to be of David. There also looks like there's a wedding photo there too. (Maybe Luis and Maria but couldn't see it well enough - could maybe even be Martin Robinson's on set wedding for all i know but again - if you only get to see it on fullscreen, just about the entire time you can see them, a character is blocking them.)

unclematt

Reaction score
Thank you for the link. It is exactly what I was looking for

Drtooth

Reaction score
Another one in Y Quest

Not sure if this counts, or if it's been there the entire time, but in the waiting room of Gina's Vet office, you can not so clearly see a picture of Slimey in his space suit next to his rocket. And I mean, not so clearly. The only time I got a good look at it, Gina's head was sort of in the way, and the rest of the time, it's too small to tell. But trust me... it's there.

Years of Waldo Watching paid off.

ISNorden

Reaction score
I don't know whether this counts as a hidden gem or not, but someone must have been thinking of this classic clip when Luis removes seven random items from the broken washing machine. (Since they were teaching a number instead of a letter this time, it was the total count of weird things that mattered...even if they had nothing else in common.)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The hidden gem from yesterday's episode could really only be seen in HD. Gordon's newspaper features a cover story about the falling baker from the "Song of #" series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The hidden gem from yesterday's episode could really only be seen in HD. Gordon's newspaper features a cover story about the falling baker from the "Song of #" series.
Yeah... I knew it was something to do with the paper... but the problem was, since Gordon is an actor and everything, and he was acting... he kept crumpling the paper, folding it over, and basically using it like a believable prop. If only we had an amateur actor waving it around and pointing at it, basically saying "HEY!" we could have seen it... :big_grin:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, you could really get a good look at it when Oscar devises his plan with FLuffy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is why I like the walk ons better... at least with them, you don't need to watch it in HD and be trained in the art of Waldo Watching and look under the logo. Heck, when Luis removed Teeny Little Super Guy out of the washing machine, not only did they close up on it, but they underscored his music as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today's episode didn't have a visual one, unless I missed it... but they underscored an arrangement of the dots segment from episode 1.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Today's episode didn't have a visual one, unless I missed it... but they underscored an arrangement of the dots segment from episode 1.
Yeah, that's gotta be the hidden gem. What a nice shout-out to the first episode!