New Video: Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yep..just saw this myself ( longtime poster there for years).

It is pretty much definate at this point. Next week we should have the release date(s).

Get pumped!
Some other sites are reporting that it'll be released on the 14th (which would be Tuesday).

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I wonder what Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson think of the video!
I was wondering the same thing. And what about the Sesame Street performers and some of the other performers from other Henson shows?

By the way, since everyone is speaking about Clifford, I would like to see him come back with the other muppets. However, Clash is too busy doing the show "Elmo and Company"......I mean Sesame Street. :hungry:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey don't knock Kevin Clash for being to busy with Sesame, he is doing a wonderful job over there, and is really what the show needs. I know a lot of people do a lot of Elmo bashing and it trinkles down to Kevin as well. Read his book and you will learn and grow to not only love Elmo, but also appreate him.

There is no way you can compare The first season of the Muppet Show and the first Season of Muppets Tonight. they where to very different shows, with some of the same elements.

There was a lot of what do we do know after Jim passed, and I think that Muppets Tonight was one of thouse things. The writers (who one of I'm friends with) Where not trying to bring back the Muppet Show and all it's glory. They where trying and doing a good job of intorducing some new Muppets along side the classic Muppets. The same as with the Jim Henson hour, and I think that is what hurt both shows. There should have been more classic Muppets and slowly bring in the newer ones.

As far as Cliford not being well rounded by the time Muppets Tonight was filiming and airing Elmo was gaining a whole lot of popularity, and if the show had keep going they would have had to change things anyways beacuse Kevin was going to have to do more at Sesame.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I miss Clifford :sympathy: He was one of the earliest Muppets I was introduced to (via the "It's Not Easy Being Green" sing-along video :smile: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
Whoah...I LOVE a lot of the parodies.
Codependence Day? The skit spoofing Devo and Nine Inch Nails?
Seinfeld Babies? Heck, Kermit doing a full length cover of Talking Head's "Once in a Lifetime" is one of the most visionary things I've seen from the Muppets. Yeah, a lot of the first season is kind of so so, but later in the first and especially the Disney Channel exclusive second season is where things shine. I myself sooo am hoping we get Muppets Tonight next year in a 2 season boxset with bonus UK skits never aired in America and a gillion extras! I mean Beaker and Pepe rapping with Coolio, too classic!
That's the half of the parodies that work... personally, I'm talking about Bay of Pigs Watch... Deep Dish 9... stuff like that... recurring skits. I think Seinfeld Babies was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Actually... most of the stuff with the pigs stunk anyway. Other than Piggy, they were all flat. Andy and Randy actually showed some sort of character in the John Goodman episode, but other than that, they were just as bad as late seasons Bebop and Rocksteady. They were the "Dumb" characters and nothing more.

What really bugs me as far as recurring sketches go, the BEST ones were UK only skits. I really liked the Howard Tubbman stuff and the Clueless Morgan/Polly Lobster segment. I especially love the Tales from the Vet... can't remember if we saw that in the US or not...

dwmckim

Reaction score
They where trying and doing a good job of intorducing some new Muppets along side the classic Muppets. The same as with the Jim Henson hour, and I think that is what hurt both shows. There should have been more classic Muppets and slowly bring in the newer ones.
The funny thing is if you watch the MT! episodes in production order, you can see the smoother attempt at showing more of the classic characters at the beginning and more gradually working in the newer ones - but with the episodes being broadcast in a more random order, the new characters seemed forced and shoved onto people too quickly.

The stuff that was in the UK material was awesome and i have no doubt we will see a complete dvd box set of MT! (with the full episodes) come out - but it won't be next year; it would be after all five seasons of TMS have been released (this has been a plan pretty much since they started the TMS box sets). Tales from the Vet was seen in the US and Phil van Neuter remains one of my all time fave characters!

I'm excited for all those who wanted to see Bohemian Rhapsody released as a single and have campaigned for it and all but myself personally, i just can't get that excited about it being download-only and not have any kind of physical release. That's going to hurt its chances of being a Christmas #1. As cool as the video is, the track does lose quite a bit in an audio-only format (it still works but you still miss out on much of the humor) still i would FLOVE hearing this played on the Dr. Demento Show (but then again i'd love to hear the Dr. Demento Show again PERIOD as it's been off of Phoenix radio stations for was too long now).

theprawncracker

Reaction score
We are officially over 10,000,000 views! :excited: This is such a wonderful thing! Congratulations to ALL involved at The Muppets Studio. You've really outdone yourself with this one--you've created the new standard by which everything else will be measured up to. And what a standard it is! :big_grin:

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
10 Million views? Wow, if this isn't a sign that we need a new TV show and are ready for a new movie, I don't know what would be.

edwardsinclair

Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this out there, but Muppets Bohemian Rhapsody is still the #1 most viewed video of the month (by about 4.5 million). Hopefully we can keep it there for some time!