Whoopi Goldberg should not be invited to be on another Muppet special IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The fact we live in a world where we should care about Kate and Jon or whatever is disgusting enough. Neither side os sympathetic... they both just soullessly sold their kids out to make a buck. And now they're in the public eye. I say, unless someone dies or gets killed, I don't wanna hear it.
I somehow found a way to stay wired-into pop culture without knowing who Jon and Kate were until it was old-hat to the rest of the country. I'm proud of that.

Well said. There was NO reason to warrant saying that to begin with... but what REALLY kills me as all the religious organizations spending all their time and money to keep plopping drivel that's well hidden in religious text, all the while ignoring the poor, starving, and dying on the street these people actually spoke of, and wanted to help. I also respect people's religious choices as long as they don't go off on holier than thou rants. I know no harm as meant, but there was no call to bring it up.
Thanks for that. Yeah, I guess that's all that's being said. I don't think some religious folk understand just how condescending and oppressive their words can be. It doesn't matter where the words come from, it's not always appropriate to voice certain things. Friends of mine turn completely away from anything spiritual because of such heavy-handed speak. The messenger should consider if they are glorifying themselves or if they are glorifying their beliefs by their actions. I don't think it's intentional, but it is thoughtless. It's important to bring it up when that sort of thing happens. It really can make people uncomfortable. And that serves nothing. I’m a squeaky wheel by nature.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, no offense GL, but speaking from experience, it's best to NOT talk religion on forums like this, as not everyone is going to agree with, let alone like what you say, or how you say it; that's just the way it is, it's simply best not to mention anything along the lines of religion (or politics for that matter), that way, NOBODY will get offended by whatever whoever said.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, no offense GL, but speaking from experience, it's best to NOT talk religion on forums like this, as not everyone is going to agree with, let alone like what you say, or how you say it; that's just the way it is, it's simply best not to mention anything along the lines of religion (or politics for that matter), that way, NOBODY will get offended by whatever whoever said.
Agreed. It's not the place, not the right medium for sharing those views...(And that from someone who had a full-on Christian documentary on the BBC made about my family and me.)

dwmckim

Reaction score
Threads like this dealing with "hot-button" political issues tend to go all over the place and i don't want to comment on a bunch of stuff that's been said elsewhere or have been already covered by others in this thread - however amidst the things that have been brought up in regards to Whoopi's contributions to charities and humanitarianism, it should also be noted that before she was the mega-celebrity she later became she played a huge part in the behind-the-scenes aspect of Sesame Street in terms of being an on-set babysitter of sorts. Kevin Clash talks about this a bit in his autobiography (which unfortunately is among the untold number of items in my Muppet collection i've had to sell this year to manage to get by, otherwise i'd provide more direct quotes)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you for real Beau? About a documentary made of you and your family?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Closing the thread because it just doesn't belong here. Not for any semantics or ideologies, but because it's too controversial and isn't a fun topic. Muppets are fun. Let's talk about Muppets!

Status
Not open for further replies.