Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
A lot of people lately on muppet videos on youtube usually think Janice is a boy....or a transsexual. :flirt:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
What? How can you not see that Janice is a girl? She's pretty clearly seen as Floyd's girlfriend on many occasions....
As someone who probably googles Janice (and the rest of the Muppets) more than a normal person should- lol- I've got to say- lay off of Janice already! (Boober sigh smiley-well, this will work.:smirk:):flirt::sing:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
One misconception that bothers me is the idea that the Muppets (and all puppets) are somehow religiously-based or that the Muppet Show branded characters were geared for younger viewers. The Muppets, and all of Henson's work, have always been inclusive. It's weird reading YouTube comments from people concerned about Carl eating bunnies. Jim would not only have loved that bit, he also performed many just like it. And sure the Muppets have had many Christmas specials like most other branded entertainment, but the writers and performers have always come from all walks of life and the Muppets have never been proselytizing church puppets. I'm certain the new film will portray classic muppety goodness for all types of people and will set the brand apart from both Sesame Street and the edgy Henson Alternative humor. The Muppet Show gang is that something special between. :wink:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
A lot of people lately on muppet videos on youtube usually think Janice is a boy....or a transsexual. :flirt:
What? How can you not see that Janice is a girl? She's pretty clearly seen as Floyd's girlfriend on many occasions....
Okay, I'll admit it, I wasn't sure about her gender at first when I pretty much just saw Studio DC: Almost Live. :embarrassed::flirt:

(Back then I was a Henson fan then but not a Muppet fan. I only saw Dark Crystal and Labyrinth at that point, not including childhood experiences.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still don't get "Beeker".... Really... how can you mess up the word "Beak" anyway. That's like calling Gogo Fraggle "Goabow Fragggle."

It just doesn't make sense to me at all. I'd sooner see "Ralph the Dog" and "Fozzy" before I recognize anyone who calls him "Beeker."

That said, I could never get the chicken's name right... Camilla? Camella?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only time I got the religious vibe was on one of those VH1 "I Love..." series and they were talking about Alice Cooper and him being "the Anti-Christ"... but then he did an episode of TMS, and they were like "Oh wait, he's on The Muppet Show, so he CAN'T be the Anti-Christ."

MeepMeepBork

Reaction score
This isn't really annoying so much as funny, but I mentioned Jerry Nelson to one of my friends today, and her reply was, "Isn't that the guy who sings 'Great Balls of Fire'?" obviously confusing him with Jerry Lee Lewis. It's funny because, if you think about it, doesn't Jerry Nelson sound like a rockstar name? :sing:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
This isn't really annoying so much as funny, but I mentioned Jerry Nelson to one of my friends today, and her reply was, "Isn't that the guy who sings 'Great Balls of Fire'?" obviously confusing him with Jerry Lee Lewis. It's funny because, if you think about it, doesn't Jerry Nelson sound like a rockstar name? :sing:
LOL, I think when I was first learning about all the Muppeteers I was thinking something like that about him. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"And now, here to perform his number one smash hit single 'Great Balls of Fire', GIVE IT UP FOR JERRY NELSON! ! !"

*Girly cheers like you hear on Oprah*

:stick_out_tongue:

And can you imagine this - Jerry Lewis playing the likes of Floyd Pepper, Gobo Fraggle, and Count Von Count?