Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Gonzo14

Reaction score
This stuff never really bothered me

Obviously I know the difference between Sesame Street and Muppets, Fozzie not Fonzie, the names of "those old guys from The Muppet Show, etc, but not everyone is as big of a fan as us, and that's fine

I can see how these things like names and such can easily get mixed up for someone who's not a big fan

Super Scooter

Reaction score
He's not?

There is something that annoys me, but I'm afraid I'm on the losing side of the debate. I don't understand why the Sesame Street Martians are called the Yip-Yips. Well, I understand it, but I think it's wrong. My argument is that I think the martians are saying "yep" and not "yip". Whenever they are affirming something they say "yep" and "uh-huh", and when they find that they are wrong they say "nope" and "uh-uh". Unfortunately, the name Yip-Yips has already been well established. That's even what they are called on the Sesame Street website. However, when they are actually being quoted, as in the recent 40th anniversary book, I want to see it written as "yep"!

Any thoughts? Am I the only one who cares?
Actually, this is an arguement settled on Muppet Wiki long ago. The characters are listed on the Wiki as "The Martians." The discussion for that is found here: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:The_Martians

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
That happened to me too. Some little kid thought I was wearing an Elmo shirt once. Wanna hear the worst part? Not only wasn't it Elmo, it wasn't even a Muppet completely. It was Mr. Potatohead from Toy Story.
Now that IS bad.

Rax

Reaction score
On the Dutch Sesamstraat site there's a FAQ section with 14 questions. One of them being "How do I tell Grover and Cookie Monster apart?"

Come on, how the heck can THAT be a FAQ?

:insatiable: :super:

Gr, Rax

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that IS bad.
Considering I stumbled upon seeing it at Kohls thinking it was an Ernie face shirt... it was orange and had big eyes... and it was completely folded over and I saw it out of the corner of my eye.

But still... you'd think a little kid could recognize a Toy Story character, especially since the movie was out.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Considering I stumbled upon seeing it at Kohls thinking it was an Ernie face shirt... it was orange and had big eyes... and it was completely folded over and I saw it out of the corner of my eye.

But still... you'd think a little kid could recognize a Toy Story character, especially since the movie was out.
His expression might have had something to do with it, was he happy and smiling or was it the 'tater with 'tude picture that is normally seen on Toy Story associated Potato Head merchandise? :confused: