Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
I was playing a Muppet trivia game, not too long ago....and the one of the poll facts said Janice was portrayed by Frank Oz...O__o :stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Some instances that irk me since I have to spot these as the moderator in charge of approving new members to the forums...

animal, without capitalization.
Er, do you mean Animal?
Or some particular animal Muppet?

Just found the second new member to list bluto as their favorite Henson character.
Again, capitalize proper names of people places or things.
Also, Bluto is Popeye's antagonistic foil... Ludo is the big yeti-like monster from Labyrinth.
:grouchy:

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I was playing a Muppet trivia game, not too long ago....and the one of the poll facts said Janice was portrayed by Frank Oz...O__o :stick_out_tongue:
Was it on www.funtrivia.com? If so, I think that's the same one I took a few weeks ago. At least (one the one I'm thinking of, at least) it was something in between questions, not actually the answer to a question.

Drtooth

Reaction score
animal, without capitalization.
Er, do you mean Animal?
Or some particular animal Muppet?
I don't know about anyone else. but I've been having trouble with this stupid new keyboard I got a while back. Sometimes the lousy shift key won't work right. Sometimes things are slightly to the left of where they should be.

And I've noticed a LOT of people with capitalization problems in their posts. Sometimes it's not something on purpose as it is an accident.

Chuchu

Reaction score
Mine usually pop up in youtube comments, so:
1."Man, Lips is good!" or " I love Janet's voice"
2. "Monster's the best!"
3. Remember that girl whatnot in "Rama Lama Ding Dong"? Somebody thought it was Ms. Piggy.
No offense if anyone here wrote these comments, although I doubt it.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Okay, I guess I'll admit it:

I used to often call Sweetums "Snookums" by mistake.

*gasp*

Convincing John

Reaction score
I got one for you...

I've been working on an exhibit about Sesame Street for our library. One of the things I built was a 3D Baker. He's in mid-fall, the 10 chocolate cakes are splattered everywhere on the stairs, there's printouts of the numbers on the stairs with a huge 10 at the top of the stairs. Who else could it be but the baker?

One of my co-workers got it right away. "I remember him! The baker guy who kept falling down the stairs!"

So, another co-worker comes up to us and sees the 3D baker.

"That's cool."

"Do you remember the baker on Sesame Street?" asks the co-worker who got the reference.

"Yeah."

"So what did the baker on Sesame Street always do?"

"I remember! He goes 'bork, b-bork, b-bork, bork. Right?"
:rolleyes:

Convincing John

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Also, Bluto is Popeye's antagonistic foil...
Also called Brutus in the original comics and some cartoons

tom-AY-toe, tom-AH-toe... Whatever...:big_grin:

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! 1.21 GIGWATTS! -Doc Brown
Am I weird, or is it you? Maybe it's you...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also called Brutus in the original comics and some cartoons
Bluto and Brutus are actually 2 different characters. And it's a very long, involved, and silly story as to why...

After the theatrical Popeye cartoon series went out of production in 1957, Bluto's name was changed to Brutus because it was (wrongly) believed that Paramount Pictures, distributors of the Fleischer Studios (later Famous Studios) cartoons, owned the rights to the name Bluto. (King Features owned the name all along as Bluto had been originally created for the comic strip. However, due to poor research, they failed to realize this, and re-made him as Brutus to avoid copyright problems.)

Nick22

Reaction score
i have a tshirt with animal on it, and most people ask me why i'm wearing an elmo shirt. i was like....wow. does elmo look like this? i don't think so.