Project: Snowth - The Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, The Squirrely Squirrels are home, and they look absolutely fantastic in their wardrobe, I am very pleased with the results.

As for Bethany, applying her hair to her head is a painstaking process, but a vast majority of it is finished, so I believe all of the puppets should be completely very, very soon.

I WOULD show pictures, but new digital camera has decided to turn on me - no matter what, everytime I put in new batteries, it STILL says that the battery is dead and won't turn on. What's up with that?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I can't explain what the problem with your camera is Snowth. But I wish you the very best of luck accomplishing your goals in life. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hot dang! Not sure how, but somehow an employee at Kmart (where my camera came from apparently) found some batteries that worked for my camera, and let me have them free (a tip she gave me is to FREEZE batteries for longer life... go figure), so I'm finally able to take some progress pictures.

Now, I never claimed to be an extraordinary puppet builder... I don't even claim to be a GOOD puppet builder (I'd say PRETTY good), so no prompting please.

Without further ado, here are The Squirrely Squirrels:

Jennifer (Front)
Jennifer (Side)
Julie (Front)
Julie (Side)
Justine (Front)
Justine (Side)

Anjanette Hile did an absolutely marvelous job on the Squirrels' wardrobe, I'm really pleased with her work. Now, before anyone asks, I cannot find any suitable fabric for tails, which is why they have none at the moment - I DID purchase some white hair fabric, and tried to dye it, but it came out more of a bright silver than a smokey gray... so, they'll just have to remain tailess until further notice.

And again, they probably will have an overall character design overhaul in the future since I'm not completely happy with how they turned out, but I won't worry about that now.

I'm going to finish up Bethany's hair over the next day or two, and when that's done, I'll have pictures of her. Then the whole gang will be complete and ready for whatever.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
They are excellent squirrels Snowthy. :big_grin: I take it they are sort of loosely inspired by the Chipettes.

I'd love to see Steve interacting with them one day. :cool:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No they're not, and as a matter of fact, you're not the first person who has come to assumption, lol.

No, I mentioned on my MySpace blog a while back that the inspiration for The Squirrely Squirrels was derived from the squirrels where I live.

Knoxville is actually composed of a few little communities bordering downtown, and the community I live in, Fountain City, is relatively older, so there are a LOT of old neighborhoods with really large and mature trees, and where there's a lot of large and mature trees, there's a LOT of squirrels - our old apartment complex had a lot of these trees, and there's been days where I'd stand out on our balcony and watch the squirrels chase each other through the trees, hop from one tree to another, flatten themselves up against the branches when they know they're being watched, etc.

I actually have another character that probably won't see the light of day for a while, that has been inspired by more creatures that are common up here... only these creatures are pests that can really ruin one's summer, lol.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The squirrels look nice! I can't see Bethany on the school laptop however (what with them blocking a lot of sites).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The squirrels look nice! I can't see Bethany on the school laptop however (what with them blocking a lot of sites).
That's odd, considering that all the pics are hosted from Photobucket. :smirk:

But to the point: I had a pretty good meeting with a pal of mine at PBS today, for insight and such on how to get the show into production, and he agrees that community television is the best route to take for several different reasons (including with community television, there's no trying to get underwriting and funding, because everything's already paid for by the taxpayers' dollars, lol).

That said, there's also the possibilities that through community television, I might have to take some crash courses/classes in television production... either way, I'm heading in the right direction.

More good news is that I got contact information regarding a puppeteer I once worked with, I'm going to get in touch with her to see if she would be interested in playing Bethany, and if she knows any additional puppeteers who might like to audition for The Squirrely Squirrels.

All and all... things ARE moving forward, just at a very slow pace.

That said, basically as far as the actual puppets are concerned, I STILL have to find fabric for the Squirrels' tails and such.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I glad to hear things are moving! :big_grin:

(Miiiiissss yoooooou!)