Your Thoughts: Muppets on "America's Funniest Home Videos"

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I think it may be you. I'm on mountain time and it seems to be running okay.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I think it may be you. I'm on mountain time and it seems to be running okay.
Weird. Looks like the trained monkeys that have been frequently messing up the Sesame Street broadcasts on PBS KAET musta got fired and went over to work at ABC 15! Hope they don't start messing up the One Life to Live broadcasts now!

So what happened during the Swedish Chef part? There was a real long freeze on that one!

Anyway, last week Extreme Makeover, today AFV. Wonder if Muppets will soon be moving into Wisteria Lane? I know Pepe is lobbying hard to do Desperate Housewives!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
So what happened during the Swedish Chef part? There was a real long freeze on that one!
Tom asked him if he served Swedish Meatballs and the Swedish Chef picked up a tennis racket and began to "serve" them. Tom replied with
"I had to ask"

Anyway, last week Extreme Makeover, today AFV. Wonder if Muppets will soon be moving into Wisteria Lane? I know Pepe is lobbying hard to do Desperate Housewives!
That would be interesting. Wonder if they could be on one of the last Lost episodes.

And they used the "light up" eyes Beaker again. I must say, it looked better than the model used last week in Extreme Makeover

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I only watched the Muppet parts of this show, but they were great! I especially loved the Mayhem as the house band. I mean, they didn't really do anything other than just play the gig, but that was perfect! Everything else was great too, especially the way that the show integrated the Muppets throughout. Keep it coming, Muppets!
:smile:

MJTaylor

Reaction score
Well that's great.
Local programming decided that an hour long infomercial about Ford motors was more important than AFV and the Muppets.

I guess I'll have to catch it online at some point.
Oh yes, don't you hate it when your local station runs an infomercial instead of the network programme? It happens all the time in Australia, too.

dwmckim

Reaction score
If they can't have their own show, i'm all for seeing Muppets randomly popping up on ABC shows. Beaker singing on a talent show (not sure which one is ABC's) Miss Piggy strutting her stuff and giving Courtney Cox a run for her money on Cougartown. Gonzo setting new standards in the fashion industry on Ugly Betty. Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem playing a gig at Ultraviolet on One Life to Live - with Animal dating Blair Cramer (a step up from her usual men) and Janice having her hair done at Foxy Roxy's. Bobo as the next Bachelor. Bring it on!

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Not as amusing as the Extreme Makeover appearance, but still very good. Even though they never sang, it was really fun to see the Electric Mayhem serving as the house band. Not sure why that so cool, but it really made the episode for me. It's just a shame that we didn't see Gonzo anywhere. Oh well. Another fantastic appearance!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Gonzo planned to join everyone onstage but he got enchanted by the screening/editing room discovering inspirations for his new acts.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I loved the scene where pepe thinks that the shrimp in the video clip was his cousin and the frog translating scene. Goof: When Kermit was talking on the cell phone, his rod was on his arm instead of his hand.