Should Ernie interact with Abby?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, if that stuff was all that real, Hoopers would be a Starbucks, The Fix It Shop would be a Kinkos, and there would be one of those annoying 7 dollar cup cake places well to do jerks like to hang out at.
Not necessarily, they could very well just sit empty for years on in.

Even before I was born, we had a fantastic little burger and ice cream joint here in town (the burgers were the BEST ever... after a while though, their ice cream became gritty and disgusting), until finally in 2006 (which was a dark year anyway) it went out of business... and it's STILL empty to this day. That same year, Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin-Robbins went out of business as well... but NOW they finally tore down the building and put up, of all things, a discount car wash. :frown:

Sometimes it's just not a safe bet to be that realistic.
Well, maybe...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not necessarily, they could very well just sit empty for years on in.
I sorta addressed that as another possibility... how many times has any of us seen an empty lot where something great was bulldozed for some luxury condo or something like that, and they lost funding halfway through, letting old equipment rust behind the chain-link fences with banners saying "GREAT NEW PROGRESS COMING SOON" or something like that.

And of course, what you said... when something goes out of business and they can never sell the place, and it just sits there forever, and NO one wants to actually buy the thing. If this were realistic, I could see that happen. But if "Stars and Streets Forever" taught us anything, they'd stand together and try to stop it from happening anyway.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Wow! It's weird that we went from an Ernie/Abby interaction topic to a topic about episodes about eviction/management. Oh, well. This stuff had already been shown on MadTV anyway. I guess that's about all we'll get. Lol.

I know there's always John Tartaglia who performed Ernie in a couple Play With me episodes, but even he's busy with the Shrek musical.
Yeah, but that was just a PWMS thing. Steve still is the official performer of Ernie, so he would need to be available for his actual 'Sesame' appearances, I'm assuming.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Back to the original question, i could totally see a sketch where Abby's demonstrating her magic to Ernie with Ernie thinking it's cool and asking her to do more all the while oblivious to the various ways the magic is causing increasing discomfort/irritation to Bert.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The problem I see is something similar to the Ernie and Elmo skits that popped up when their toys started really selling. They're cute together, they work, there's chemistry, they're friends... but the sketches and songs they're in aren't all that interesting. There's no tension. Ernie and Bert segments are filled with tension. Ernie needs to be paired up with someone who's annoyed (or stands to be annoyed) with his antics. I'd say a skit with Abby and Bert would stand to have more potential. Bert is a stuffed shirt, the littlest thing makes him fly off the handle, he faints routinely... why not exasperate that?

Of course, more that I think about it, I'm not saying an Abby and Ernie skit wouldn't work. There is the tension she brings by being a novice fairy, and messing up her magics. She could turn Rubber Duckie into a pumpkin (thing she's good at) causing Ernie to get very upset until she finds the right spell to change it back, having Ernie get more and more upset with each time. Something similar to Ernie interacting with Mumford, only Abby makes sure to get everything right, and she actually does feel bad for herself when something goes wrong.

So YES, I guess there is some potential in that pairing. But again, it all boils down to Steve's availability.

Mupp

Reaction score
Yes, Gordon and Susan may own the building, but sadly, that doesn't mean that they don't own it under someone else's management, as is the case with a lot of apartments and complexes - if someone was doing poorly with their rent, but had good reason for it, Gordon and Susan would naturally work with them through it, but a higher management might not agree, and order (even by court ruling) to evict tenants at any given time, and G&S would have no say in it.

May be it might be "far", but I don't think it's nowhere near as "too far" as the scrapped divorce episode.
Forgive me for coming back to this, but I have something else to add;

One of the core things of Sesame Sesame Street is that its supposed to be a happy place where "Everything's A-OK" and "every door is open wide"
And no matter what problem, scary situation or disaster that befalls the residents of the street, there is always ultimately a happy/positive ending.

Plus, now that I think about it, Sesame Street has already tackled the issue of "economic troubles" in the TV special when Elmo's mom lost her job and his family had to cope with the situation of being careful with their money. And ultimately, that situation had a positive/hopeful ending.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
If SW does come up with some Ernie and Abby scenes it would be these. There could be a street scene where Abby helps Ernie make Bert nicer to him all the time or like the same interest as Ernie's. Ernie and Abby can pretend to be dogs. Abby can show Ernie how to turn an O into a Q. Ernie can teach Abby how to do the Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. Ernie and Abby could talk about E. Ernie and Abby do opposites. Ernie sings a lullaby for Abby's nap.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I would like to see Ernie and Abby interact. I mean, Ernie showed that he knows Abby in Elmo's Green Thumb by saying her name.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Another idea. Elmo helps Abby turn Ernie turn into a monster and Bert gets ticked off. Or Gordon and Ernie go give Abby a pumpkin pie and Abby acciedentally grows it into a giant pumpkin pie. Or even a group meet where Elmo, Abby, and Cookie Monster sleep over at Ernie and Berts apartment.:stick_out_tongue:

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
If they cant get the Muppet Ernie to interact with Abby, why not have Abby on Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures? Elmo was on there before. Why not Abby?