Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lol... and after Donny Osmond of all people recently denounced her.
Yeah. probably denounced the fact that her music is interesting! I never liked the Osmonds, and I really wish they cast someone else as that guy from Mulan. They're so insufferable. I dare you to watch her "Telephone" music video (it's explicit as heck, though) and not laugh. I'd be all for her on SS... wearing a coat made of Elmo dolls, of course. :insatiable:

I think a lot of it as to do with the fact that the studio can't have kids messing around on the set like they used to in the first 30 years. Ohter shows like Barney hired professional kids to act instead of be themselves. Ssame Street still does some of that in their episodes today, although just not as much.
Laughs at the term "professional kid actors" when we're talking about Barney. I've seen french fried that could act better than them. But really, SS seemed really deserted lately. I really hope to see more kids come on the show and just be kids. Not fakely pretend to worship at the alter with no enthusiasm like those Barney kids did/ Even before I started to hard core hate Barney I never liked the kids.

I checked the website and despite BB not getting much airtime, the season sounds pretty good. I'm assuming they meant to say 'Herry (Monster)' when they described 'Harry' as Oscar's employee. It will be good to see him and Bert in a street scene.
I'd LOVE to say that were true... but if it isn't, don't be disappointed. I just want to know how many characters Matt Vogel will actually get the hang of when Jerry leaves the show for good.... or what ones Matt can perform solo if Jerry's unavailable. Who knows. he can breathe new life and interest into the character. Look what Eric did for Grover.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
One of my friends is a graphic artist and works from a home office. Usually, he's watching his son who is watching Sesame Street (well, they both watch). Then, he began to notice that there are a lot more newer characters most of the show and not so much of the classic characters. He feels like the main characters are being phased out for Elmo. They should just have Sesame Street with a good, fair mix of the characters and people, and then a 30 minute program of only Elmo's world with Zoe and Abby Cadaver.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, what no one is really saying is that there are a few street stories that will feature Bert. Now, when was the last time Ernie and or Bert have been in a street story? And if it really is Herry in that story and not a new character named Harry... that would be amazing.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Ernie was last seen in a street scene in 3999 with Zoe, the episode where he wants his own Honker Duckie Dinger Jamboree and 4034. Bert's recent street scene appearance was 4181.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Of course, what no one is really saying is that there are a few street stories that will feature Bert. Now, when was the last time Ernie and or Bert have been in a street story? And if it really is Herry in that story and not a new character named Harry... that would be amazing.
Yeah. Someone also previously mentioned another ep featuring Bert where he and the gang are looking for a rare bird. If that's the case it will have Bert in two street stories this season (aside from brief cameos or whatever). That would be amazing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, the last time I can remember Ernie and Bert having a street story was from Season 34, where it was Bert's birthday, and he told Ernie he just wanted to spend the day by himself, in peace and quiet, reading his new book; Ernie obliges, and others like Big Bird, Snuffy, Gordon and Miles try to help keep him pre-occupied so he won't feel the need to return home and see how Bert's doing. Bert on the other hand, feels strange without having Ernie's company, and goes after him.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Actually that was the last street scene Ernie appeared up to date.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
According to a youtube post, as mentioned by SpinneyBigBird1095, they say Big Bird is only to appear in only four episodes of the upcoming Season 41. I surely hope this isn't the case, cause it would definately seem like a new low for SW. It's almost seeming like they're starting to phase out BB along with other characters for that matter. Again, I hope this proves to be innacurate (though the user mentions he talked to Mr. Spinney himself), and hopefully Season 41 won't be as dissapointing as the last.

Any thoughts?
I actually AM SpinneyBigBird1095 on YouTube, and sadly :frown: this is true. Big Bird has gradually been in less and less shows, from 15 in season 39, 7 in season 40, and only FOUR in season 41. Caroll is the most upset, seeing as he IS capable to puppeteer the Bird, Joey Mazzarino (the head writer) just doesn't write the Bird in. Caroll has talked to Joey about it, but, if you know Caroll, you know Caroll is too sweet and subtle to enforce it. He is just happy to have the job after 41 years. I hope SW comes to its senses! I mean, LOOK AT THAT FACE! --> :wisdom:

zns

Reaction score
I actually AM SpinneyBigBird1095 on YouTube, and sadly :frown: this is true. Big Bird has gradually been in less and less shows, from 15 in season 39, 7 in season 40, and only FOUR in season 41. Caroll is the most upset, seeing as he IS capable to puppeteer the Bird, Joey Mazzarino (the head writer) just doesn't write the Bird in. Caroll has talked to Joey about it, but, if you know Caroll, you know Caroll is too sweet and subtle to enforce it. He is just happy to have the job after 41 years. I hope SW comes to its senses! I mean, LOOK AT THAT FACE! --> :wisdom:
Well I think that it is still wonderful that Caroll is still doing the Bird and the Grouch. And I think that the reason why Joey hasn't done Big Bird too much is because he once mentioned that he often has trouble writing for him, rather than Telly or Baby Bear.

I just want to say that if Caroll Spinney is out there reading this, I want him to know that he is one of the greatest performers in the Muppet universe. He has all of the qualities that every performer needs and has been with the group almost from the near beginning. I was pleased to meet him on the set two years ago and talk with him for a very short period before he left to go home, but if I could spend nearly an entire day talking to him, my life would be complete.

Overall, it is because of Caroll and Big Bird that I have never lost my sense of wonder and childlike qualities. I only hope that I can meet him again someday, and be able to talk with him and tell him how I feel about his work and his characters. Of course, God comes first in my life, but it's people like Caroll that make my life shine, along with my family and friends. God bless that man.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe they should allow Caroll Spinney to perform some Anything Muppet characters when Big Bird and Oscar don't appear. Heck they should have done that for season 40, the first in many years where Frank Oz performed a new anything muppet character.