Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

Mupp

Reaction score
I only use that in context of fans who automatically think any new project Disney annouces is going to happen, when they always inevitably shelf it anyway. I mean again, just because the company has a good name doesn't mean they have good business practices, and quite frankly, I just can't see how even the most dedicated of fans can take any news from Disney seriously after all they haveN'T done.

I never said that.
Besides, the dark times of broken promises seem to be over because again, Micheal Eisner is gone. The Disney company has gotten better in a lot of ways. Things have gotten much better for the Muppets since Eisner left.
Lately the Muppets have gotten back into the public eye in full force thanks to both viral media and television.
Baby steps.

I just think that it was rude and insultive of you to cut down people who are being postitve and claim that you are being a "realist" while positive people are practicing "bind faith" Becuase that is not necessarily the truth.

And if the new Muppet Movie happens, I expect you to be big enough to admit that you were wrong and not to back-pedal.
If the film somehow does not get made, that would certainly be a shame, but generally speaking, there is nothing wrong with being positive.

I did not mean to turn this into a rant, but I had to get that off my chest and defend myself.
We can get back on topic now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never said that.
I didn't and wasn't singling you or anyone in specific out.
I just think that it was rude and insultive of you to cut down people who are being postitve and claim that you are being a "realist" while positive people are practicing "bind faith" Becuase that is not necessarily the truth.
I didn't say I was being a realist, I said I was trying to be realistic, as in look at the situation through a realistic perspective, because again, after years of Disney saying "Oh, we've got a new project with the Muppets lined up", only to have the plug of said project pulled, how can one NOT look at the news of a new project, like the movie, and say "Here we go again, promises, promises." Yes, we HAVE gotten some new things recently, like you said, and I had to admit I was happy to see that the new Christmas special did indeed happen, so yes, on some occasions, a promise WAS kept; again, knowing Disney's past with the Muppets, irregardless of who has been in charge, I choose not to get my hopes up over something that could very well not happen, and find it hard to believe that others still do so.
And if the new Muppet Movie happens, I expect you to be big enough to admit that you were wrong and not to back-pedal.
I will be both very surprised, and very happy to see if the new movie does indeed happen; nobody is right or wrong in this scenario, but one thing I will admit that if this movie does see the light of day and hits the theater, that can build up a trust in Disney's control of the Muppets. We will just have to wait and see.
If the film somehow does not get made, that would certainly be a shame, but generally speaking, there is nothing wrong with being positive.
No, there isn't.
[quoteI did not mean to turn this into a rant, but I had to get that off my chest and defend myself.
We can get back on topic now.[/QUOTE]Again, I wasn't singling you or anyone out in the matter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are all sorts of rumors sparking up about season 41, actually... One was already denounced (it was briefly up on wikia's talk page) that Abby's Flying School would be dropped. Now, I wouldn't mind seeing it go if they still only have the same 10 episodes from this season. They COMPLETELY dropped the ball on that one. Now, it isn't true, and apparently it will continue... hopefully not every single episode, leading to multiple reruns a season. I really hope they learned their lesson with that.

All that's been confirmed for season 41 is Ryan Reynolds will play the letter A. Other than that, it's anyone's guess.

I really hope they have a better budget this time, but I doubt it.

zns

Reaction score
I thnk we should take this quote from the Muppet Mindset into consideration:

WHY DOES SESAME STREET NEED BIG BIRD?
"It is obvious why the Bird is needed on the Street. In many ways, Big Bird is Sesame Street. Big Bird represents the love, innocence, curiosity, and hilarity of Sesame Street. He also represents the immense staying power of the show. Big Bird has been around for all of the show's 40 years. There is nothing more representative of Sesame Street's 40 years than the Bird, and that's why Sesame Street needs him. Without Big Bird, there really is no Sesame Street.

The Bird may have been overshadowed in recent years, but he is always there with a smile, a song, or a question. As he sang in yesterday's season premiere, "Sesame Street is my habitat. Sesame Street is my home." And Sesame Street finds a home in Big Bird. In his heart, his soul, and his hugs."

I just want to say this as well. Elmo is a terrific charatcer for Sesame Street today because of his ability to conect with the younger part of the audience, which is where the show is set up at today. Kevin, to me, is a great performer and I certainly seems to want to keep everyone on the show as much as posible, including Big Bird. Caroll Spinney does speak very fondly of him as well in case you all haven't noticed. As mentioned in Michael Davis' book "Street Gang", because the shows audience has gotten younger, Elmo has been used to give that traget audience someone they can relate to. In other word's, "he simply renewed the mission."

Big Bird will never be gone from Sesame Street as far as I know. I think it is safe to say that Caroll Spinney will not be around forever, and yet Matt Vogal will continue with the bird even if Caroll retires. I seriously doubt that the writers would want to get rid of Big Bird so easily, but they have to make sure that everything for the show goes smoothly. Some characters do get popular form time to time, but as Caroll Spinney once said in his autobiography, there is room for everyone on Sesame Street. And as I see it, Big Bird will always be on the Street, no matter how manny episodes he is featured in.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
In a way, I can understand what Snowth is saying because if neither Carroll or Matt is available to play him, then they probably will limit his airtime. But I agree with DrTooth as well, they can't just phase out their most famous character. Well, I guess second most famous, next to Elmo. It just seems like each season they keep expirimenting with something new. Maybe their wondering if young kids who watch would really notice if BB isn't around that much. Maybe their just trying that out for this season, but if it doesn't work out he might be featured more prominently in season 42.

Big Bird will never be gone from Sesame Street as far as I know. I think it is safe to say that Caroll Spinney will not be around forever, and yet Matt Vogal will continue with the bird even if Caroll retires. I seriously doubt that the writers would want to get rid of Big Bird so easily, but they have to make sure that everything for the show goes smoothly. Some characters do get popular form time to time, but as Caroll Spinney once said in his autobiography, there is room for everyone on Sesame Street. And as I see it, Big Bird will always be on the Street, no matter how manny episodes he is featured in.
That was well said. Still, I hope we get a word back from Sesame Worksop and see what's really going on there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There are all sorts of rumors sparking up about season 41, actually... One was already denounced (it was briefly up on wikia's talk page) that Abby's Flying School would be dropped. Now, I wouldn't mind seeing it go if they still only have the same 10 episodes from this season. They COMPLETELY dropped the ball on that one. Now, it isn't true, and apparently it will continue... hopefully not every single episode, leading to multiple reruns a season. I really hope they learned their lesson with that.
I thought I previously read that next seaon will focus on cleaning and bathttime, yet the Muppet Wiki page for season 41 currently says nothing about it (while stating that a main curriculum theme will be science and geography).

Beauregard

Reaction score
I thought I previously read that next seaon will focus on cleaning and bathttime, yet the Muppet Wiki page for season 41 currently says nothing about it (while stating that a main curriculum theme will be science and geography).
How many episodes can one have focused on cleaning and bathtime!

Drtooth

Reaction score
If anything, here's synopsisisises (how the heck do you pluralize that?) of 2 of the episodes that will feature him, according to Muppet Wikia
Another episode involve Big Bird explaining to Snuffy how birds bathe: dust bathing. They fluff their wings and let the dust from the ground soak through their feathers. However, Big Bird can't understand why Snuffy keeps sneezing...

Another episode involves a rainy day on Sesame Street. Oscar catches rain in a bucket and Big Bird and Rosita walk to Hooper's together, sharing an umbrella (letting Rosita hold it), but Big Bird can't figure out why he is still getting wet. Elmo splashes in the puddles.
That said:

How many episodes can one have focused on cleaning and bathtime!
I just wanna know what study they've read that says that kids aren't bathing. :coy: