Now what's going on with YouTube?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't put up my viewing history anymore, I feel more secure that way, lol. But I think YouTube has been hijacked in the past. Like one time instead of my account name showing at the top of the page, it was somebody else's. And when I went to that user's page, everyone was writing to him "Why is your name showing up on my account? !"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't put up my viewing history anymore, I feel more secure that way, lol.
Lol, well, I don't make my viewing history (or any of my activity for that matter) public anyway, but I mean, the last 130 videos or so you've watched are automatically added to playlist on your account, which is your viewing history... but again, these random videos keep popping up in my history that I haven't even watched, so... yeah.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is anyone else besides me having trouble updating/changing video thumbnails?

I notice there's now a disclaimer saying that it can take up to 36 hours for changes to take effect, but it's going on weeks now, and thumbnails I've selected on certain videos still haven't changed.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Okay... I know this thread is about changes to YouTube... but I mean... Google just got a new design! Seriously, it looks like Bing... I mean, really! I just don't like how everyone wants to be like everybody else...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Google's still looking exactly the same as ever to me, but then again, I don't believe I've ever used Bing (and probably won't, since it seems like the entire world hates it), so I wouldn't know how the designs compare. :smirk:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Google's still looking exactly the same as ever to me, but then again, I don't believe I've ever used Bing (and probably won't, since it seems like the entire world hates it), so I wouldn't know how the designs compare. :smirk:
i used bing once and it was such a bad experience,confusing and hard to use...they totally falsely advertise it as simpler in the commercials

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well Google is actually going to be making some changes:

http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/googles-facelift-133131[/quote]Well, I don't use Gmail anyway, so this has no effect on me, lol.

HOWEVER, in a month, Yahoo! Mail is completely overhauling itself... now that's THE FINAL straw, that was just about the LAST unchanged thing left on the internet, and that's what I use for e-mail, so now, the last thing I've got being taken away... they might as well just take my laptop out and ban from libraries and internet cafes.[/URL]

D'Snowth

Reaction score
YouTube has JUST revamped the commenting feature, and it's obvious they, once again, just rushed throgh it to get it public quickly, because it's full of bugs and glitches: you can't reply to a comment without the text box disappearing, and sometimes, clicking on options like "Like", "Reply", "Block User", "Delete", etc does nothing at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gee whiz, it woul seem as though this is turning into another bad year for YouTube, like back in the days of the whole Viacom Vs. YouTube to-do...

I mean this year alone, so many different companies have really been cracking down on videos and their uploaders like mice on cheese, including WGHB, Bagdasarian Productions, NBC, Universal Studios, etc. Heck, I've been watching an episode of Andy Griffith on YT all weekend long, and even today, that's been up for over a couple of years, that's now removed and the user banned by NBC (even though I BELIEVE the show is owned by CBS).

It's almost to the point where there's really nothing to watch on YouTube anymore, because some company or "third-party" is going to mosey in and remove it and ban the users for posting it. :rolleyes: I mean at least there's the likes of Sesame Workshop who own the rights to their own content, but still... and the funny thing is, earlier this year, I predicted that by the end ofthis year that most of my favorite videos will probably be no more, and so far, that's sadly holding true.