Emergency! Selling all my Muppet/Henson stuff (and more)

Hartley

Reaction score
Here's the first part of dwmckim's original post, found in Google's cache of stored web pages:

"I'm in a real tight spot right now financially. I've been struggling financially for quite some time now but my problems have been recently dramatically amplified by various issues with my workplace having payroll problems. We're owed three weeks of backpay checks from the month of May and now due to a hacker compromising work's bank account, we weren't paid last week or this week either. We'll be paid again next week but the now five weeks of backpay will be doled out bit by bit instead of immediately.

I'm just about totally broke and am in danger of losing everything (including my car and my home and quite honestly my life) and need to take some emergency measures including selling something i never thought i would: my collection of Palisades Muppet figures. I need to sell as much as i can as soon as possible and i'm unable to use Ebay.

I don't have time tonight to list the specific items since i get up super early on Saturdays for my shift (despite working the later shift during the week!) So i'll have to wait til tomorrow or Sunday to itemize what i have available but to give a general overview:

I have all the playsets with the exception of backstage (including Koozebane Kermit if you count that as a "playset")

I don't have any of the repaints or special exclusives as i was never really interested in them.

I do have all the basic figures from wave #1 up to when they stopped selling them in Suncoast. All are out of the original packaging since again i bought them to display on my shelves and never planned on selling.

I don't have any of the "Mega" sized figures but i do have both sets of MCC pvcs and the Mahna Mahna/Thog/Sam set. I also have a healthy number of the Jack in the Box restaurant figures.

Since i never planned to sell, i've not kept up with pricing and such so i'm not listing a set price - this is basically, "If you're interested make a reasonable, realistic offer". I do reserve the right to refuse ones i feel are too low. If more than one person wants the same thing(s), i will of course favor the higher offer. If you're serious about wanting something and intend to purchase, i can do some research on pricing and come back with an asking price upon request.

I'll keep this thread updated with what's sold vs. what's available. I really need help as soon as possible, so if you know others searching for Muppet figures who don't frequent this board much, please spread the word. I'm very desperate right now."

Really hope things improve for you soon dwmckim, all the best.

Phil

Dearth

Reaction score
Words can't even express how furious i am that the other thread got deleted - we're only talking about MY LIFE AND SURVIVAL here!
You know what's especially curious about that? I accidentally made two identical threads due to a computer glitch on 6-29 and requested that the redundant one be deleted, yet it's still there at the bottom of the list.

Dearth

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I don't know how long you could wait on me. I had to take medical leave from work, so money's gonna be a little tight ... but hopefully I'd be back to working at least a little in August. As it is right now, I could only spend about 50 bucks.

HamHock

Reaction score
Hi dwmckim, Im thinking about the action figures and maybe the GMC script, Il have to ask my dad. I wont be able to offer much over around three or four hundred. Sorry about your situation, I know you will get passed this.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
If you have figures of Statler, Waldorf, Gonzo, or any of the Electric Mayhem that'd be awesome.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Hartley - you rock just as much as Dearth! Thanks for helping retrieve my lost message! Quite honestly in the state i was in last night, if i logged in and saw that original post was totally gone, i most likely would have just thrown up my hands, gone out to my car and driven off a cliff.

Redpiggy - don't worry about time. Yes, i need to sell as much as i can right away, but even after i'm able to stave off the immediate threats, i'm still going to be in need of help for awhile so the stuff that hasn't sold will still be available. (When i described what's going on with me, that was the Cliffs Notes version - there's lots of other stuff in the background such as having gotten taken advantage of by a debt negotiation company that went bankrupt, closed, and left me holding the bag with ruined credit, more debts and a loss of thousands of dollars) I'll be keeping this thread updated with a list of what's available and what's sold.

Hamhock (and anyone else wanting something) email me privately at dw_m@webtv.net (and/or PM me) as i'm better able to keep track and respond that way than through replies to this thread. I don't know how much (and which) figures you want, but i'm sure you can easily pick up something without having to pay that much.

beakerfan76, i have all the characters you asked about (and in Gonzo's case i have both series 2 cannonball Gonzo and the tux version from a later wave...plus Jack in the Box Gonzos) Like everyone else, contact me through private mail at dw_m@webtv.net or PM me with an offer.

Basically all this is working like a "silent auction" - make an offer and if no one else has made a higher offer for the same thing it's yours for the price you name (assuming it's reasonable - you aren't going to get Zoot for a dollar obviously!)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
you aren't going to get Zoot for a dollar obviously!
Dang! LOL.

Still, once I'm past the recovery phase, I might be able to swing some cash your way.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Until i get the full list up here, i thought i'd mention some defects people should be aware of.

The Bunson Honeydew figure has the glasses broken off. This can easily be fixed with a dab of super glue (Or ig-glue - just stay away from Muppet Labs' super adhesive unless you can wait for it to get tacky) but so far it stays in place for me fine just sitting on a shelf displayed. (And hey, some people may even "prefer" them in the broken state se you can reenact the times when he lifts his glasses over his eyes to look at something closer and the "Look Ma, no eyes" bit from MT!)

The Muppet Treasure Island Sam Arrow fell off a shelf and has it's bottom half broken off. They snap back together and stay in place fine if just displaying on a shelf, but like Bunson, you may wish to do a quick fix with Super Glue.

And finally from the In Need of Super Glue files, the camera that came as an accessory with the Series 1 Kermit is broken in half (again due to a fall of the shelf).

That's all the major defects that come to mind in terms of the action figures.

As far as other stuff, i had totally forgotten the Muppet Hits Take 2 cd has a crack on it (underside but not on top). The reason i forgot about this is that amazingly it doesn't affect playability at all! Though you'll probably need to always handle with care so it stays that way. You don't even here any little "ticktickticks" or anything that scratched or cracked discs usually have! Granted, i can't guarantee it will behave perfectly in all players but i haven't had a problem playing it on any of mine. Also for those more interested in the autograph than the disc, it is made out to me ("To DW - Best wishes from The Muppets and Jerry Juhl") Some people may not care but others may so i should point this out. (My Zhaan photo's autograph is also personalized: "My dearest DW, tons of love Virginia Hey")

Dearth

Reaction score
The broken figures might work better for my custom fodder purposes, unless someone else really wants them?

Dearth

dwmckim

Reaction score
Muppet Hits Take 2

Just ran out to do some errands and put Muppet Hits Take 2 on my car's player as a second test (i test played it earlier today on my boombox cd player). Again it played perfectly with no telltale background noise or anything) I had forgotten how great a cd this is! I remember when it first came out, i was disappointed it didn't feature more main characters but now i think that's one of my fave things about it - more obscure songs/characters and just a great fun collection! Hawaiian War Chant sounds awesome on cd! Macho Man from season 4! Dog Walk - a MUST for Richard Hunt fans and a reminder of how great Wayne was even without Wanda! Jamboree - my all time fave Gonzo song! Love how the opening of For What It's Worth sounds very much like the opening music of Emmett Otter's JC. Plus the season two opening and closing themes are my fave versions (more "swingy" than the others). Even the cover is amazingly wonderful (even despite the posers)