What materials can I use for a spyrofoam puppet's pupils?

shoo

Reaction score
The pupil will move in the plastic casing that is glued to the ball, as long as there is enough space.

Just a small black screw, you can judge it yourself by the size of the eye you end up using.
Are you talking about wiggly eyes such as these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Wiggly-Wiggle-E...main_0&var=&hash=item82630630cc#ht_2148wt_906 - or?

Sorry, but I am just having a bit trouble understanding what you mean 100%.. heh.

Edra, yep, I've contacted them and asked, but so far no reply yet... Thanks for that info, much appriciated.

shoo

Reaction score
Correct, take the backing off and glue the front with the pupil inside to the eyeball.
So...hmm...wait what? What backing and how do I get the...thing...inside the eye?

Sorry for my bad understanding in english, but I am not sure what you mean.. care to elaborate yourself a bit more so I understand?

Animal31

Reaction score
Best thing to do is to pick up your materials first, then go back over the information. I think it will make better sense once everything is in front of you :smile:

shoo

Reaction score
Amazingly enough, I found a shop that had 100mm customized christmas ornaments (went frenzy and bought them all!) that I can use as eyes for my costume!

SO, what I would need now:
1: PUPILS! What can I use for pupils? They must be oval shaped. I guess that cutting pupils out of a pingpong would do, or? What about mounting them to the eyes? Will they stick AND rotate/bounce properly if I just use 1x simple screw to mount the pupil for each eye? IF a pingpong ball won't do, then maybe a button with NO holes and then just make a hole on it myself..?

2: Black screw. Hmm... I know this should be easy, but as you know, the thickness of the christmas ornaments isn't much... so it'd have to be a really SMALL screw that'd hold the pupil in place...

Any suggestions here?

larz

Reaction score
Hobby shops that sell radio control planes and cars are a GREAT resource for all kinds of puppet hardware. And they carry tiny screws too!

Good luck!

shoo

Reaction score
I see. But what exactly am I looking for, really..? Got any pictures?

shoo

Reaction score
Hmm... Now I am just missing the pupils and I am basically good to go to make new eyes to my costume.

larz, you mentioned hobby shops with radio controlled cars/planes... Unfortunately, there are no such shops here. There are hobby shops, but they don't got pupil-materials.

What material should I be looking for?

I am trying to find some sort of light-weighted BUTTON that's flat and got no holes on it AND that's a bit oval-shaped. Do you reckon that would do the trick? The button would probably stay on the screw as well.

Any suggestions?

shoo

Reaction score
UPDATE: I got some nice 100mm white xmas decorative balls, but they were too small! ANYONE got any idea where I could get like customized 150-200mm WHITE balls? Either stuffed or plastic?

I've even found buttons to use for pupils, but it's not easy to attach them to the ball as the ball is hollow. It'd be way better if the ball would've been stuffed with something.

The WHOLE idea is to create eyeballs with pupils that bounce just like on the real Cookie Monster, but even with the help from people here, I still haven't found a solution to my "problem"....

Do you have any solutions for me, perhaps? Money doesn't matter in this case. I am willing to pay up if that's what's needed.

ALSO, what is the best fur to use for making cookie monster gloves/hands? Got a link to a site where I can order the special blue fur, hmm?

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
We have covered this before- I suggest doing a search on Cookie Monster Eyes and you should see all the answers you need. Sorry to sound like a meanie.