Sesame Street Character Voice Comparisons

mr3urious

Reaction score
I can... Jerry and Richard's voices are a little gruffer and deeper (Richard sounding a bit more cartoony too); Joey and David's sounds like Papa Bear and an early Baby Bear speaking in gibberish.
Also, I noticed the way David pronounces "PIGGAY!" as the THM is like how he pronounces "COOKAY!" when playing Cookie Monster.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Actually, Joey was the head with the pigs. Dave is the head who had the chickens.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Joey and David's recast for the Two Headed Monster, I'd say is a great example of characteristics and chemistry over voice imitation. They have been playing a LOT of duo characters over the years, Humphry and Ingrid, Joey and Davey Monkey, Papa Bear and Baby Bear. And that's just 3 examples. They have the perfect behind the scenes chemistry that make a symbiotic character like 2Head come across flawlessly. The attitude and performance are remarkably like the original performers, even if the voices sound a bit higher and less gruff. Jerry and Richard had the most unmistakable, unique voices of the troupe... the Fraggle Rock cartoon shows that they aren't easily imitated (especially with Junior Gorg. Guy didn't even try).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty dicyphering this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLlxXVfxZ28

Just by looking at the set (I can almost always correctly guess the era just by looking at the set), and the fact that Mr. Hooper is missing, I determine that this is from about 1984 or so.

It's difficult to tell if Telly is voiced by Brian, or if that's Marty when he first started out and tried to mimic Brian's Telly before he made the character his own.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm having difficulty dicyphering this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLlxXVfxZ28

Just by looking at the set (I can almost always correctly guess the era just by looking at the set), and the fact that Mr. Hooper is missing, I determine that this is from about 1984 or so.

It's difficult to tell if Telly is voiced by Brian, or if that's Marty when he first started out and tried to mimic Brian's Telly before he made the character his own.
Hmm, for now I'm going to go with Marty (or at least someone) trying to sound like Brian.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's Marty? I thought for sure that was Brian as Telly. Even in Marty's earliest Telly appearances, he at least sounds a little similar to how he sounds now. That definitely sounds like a Brian Muehl Telly to me. That would be my guess.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It just sounds too "energetic" to be Brian's Telly: Brian's Telly always sounds whiney, and he doesn't sound whiney in this bit.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's definitely Brian. It can't be Marty, he's doing Snuffy in the same scene. And you'd be able to tell if one of their voices was pre-recorded.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Brian's Telly has a very distinct gruffness to it, and it was instantly recognizable even before I read the rest of the thread to see it pointed out.

Seems the character started to evolve a more energetic personality and delivery before Marty took the role over. So it wasn't all Marty's take on the character that made him less of a sad sack.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Brian's Telly has a very distinct gruffness to it, and it was instantly recognizable even before I read the rest of the thread to see it pointed out.

Seems the character started to evolve a more energetic personality and delivery before Marty took the role over. So it wasn't all Marty's take on the character that made him less of a sad sack.
It's hard to tell really, the gruffness keeps going in and out which is why I didn't think it was Brian at first. But you could also be right. ::shrugs:: Lol