*If* Figures for "The Muppets" were made, what would you want?

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
i would love to see figures of course we need a SAL johnny is so lonely unless you have rowlf and his piano near him
Ditto! Sal needs more love. XP

I'm not so big into action figures-- But...

If figures (or any doll-related items) for The Muppets were made, I'd like a limited edition Barbie collector's doll of Amy Adams as her character Mary, (included with a tiny plush/beanie Walter). :flirt:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Kazagger and Scribbler and the "new" Newsie. (Though I liked my old nose better...sigh...)

Drtooth

Reaction score
1. What existing toy company do you want to make them and why? That's hard to answer. If articulated Palisades style figures, then NECA. If smaller, less articulated then Mezco. Mattel and Hasbro are popular brands, but both get by on the brand recognition, not the quality. Sorry, Star Wars fans, but those standard figures super suck compared to what else is out there.
I'm still pretty annoyed by what NECA did with TMNT and the 25th anniversary line. NECA can't seem to make more than one wave of anything a year. They're good with movie character highlights lines, but do we want Just a Kermit or just a couple characters?

I dunno about you, but I don't think I want to see something similar to Palisades, because that's just inviting unfair comparisons. Palisades raised the bar so incredibly high with Muppet merchandise, we can no longer look at any Muppet merchandise the same way. Why, if we had something similar to the Fisher Price stuff AFTER Palisades, they'd be laughed out of MC! We'll never see non-textured figures again. Plus, these things are getting close to 20 dollars per. We can no longer expect to see 8-10 dollars for figure, and that's going to also help keep further figures down the line from happening.

Sadly, if there were to be a toy line, the best bet would be a mainstream line... it IS a movie after all, so someone might jump on it for merchandise sakes. And I'd wager it would be Mattel... so... take what you will with that. Their DC line shows improvement, but they are the most overpriced, underdone kid's toys out there.

Somehow I can't see a real deal AF line. Plush, sure... figurine sets, no problem... but a full AF line just seems out of the question.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i kinda agree if there was going to be figures all i would really want is that there in scale with the palisades one and look like the characters athough i don't want an army of kermits

the best place for more collector palisades like figures would be that mattel collector website i've seen a few figs on that and they look nice

and already know if hasbro gets muppets i know there will be kermit the spud and fryzie bear for there mr potato head versions cause they do it if every other movie liensce they get they make special potato heads :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
All about this scale baby!

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Fisher-Price_Muppet_Show_Stick_Puppets

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Muppets_Take_Hollywood_PVC_figures

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/File:Starwars-figures-size.jpg

Though strangely I seem to be the only Muppet fan on here who seems to champion that scale.

As long as they are articulated ... I can't stand the thought of new figures that are just like mini statues. I think if they use the same strategy they used with Toystory and have many types of figures, styles and types we'll all be happy.
Exactly. I really am sick of the mcfarlane/huge scale/every pore detailed thing. Sadly, now every figure at the store is now dinky and shrimpy, yet still cost $10 or more.

A few questions to ponder if new action figures are to be made for the new movie...:confused:

1. What existing toy company do you want to make them and why?
  2. What scale and style do you want them (ie:lots of articulation? Action features? As close to what Palisades had did?)
  3. How many characters per wave would you be comfortable buying (and at what max price point)?
I'll make a second post with my own answers
1. Whoever Disney used for Toy Story 3
2. 3.5"-4" scale. The Palisades scale had its day.
3. Every single one, hopefully coming in packs.

beaker

Reaction score
. I wouldn't go the Palisades route. It's been done and it takes a lot of space! That limits collections. Go smaller[/COLOR]. :smile:

Exactly. I wouldn't buy any figures myself if they strictly only went the big route.

I got flamed in 2001/2002 for saying how there needed to be smaller scale figures to include more characters and have cheaper price points. Thankfully a year later Palisades answered with the 3'4" pvcs, though they weren't articulated...still were pretty amazing.

Do many of you really have $12.99+tax to spend on every figure if they were to "do the Palisades size"? Come on...

The ultimate Muppet fan dream is to have as MANY characters as possible, like the Star Wars figures...and that can only happen with smaller figures and packins. Its something Ive been wishing for three decades for:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I wouldn't buy any figures myself if they strictly only went the big route.

I got flamed in 2001/2002 for saying how there needed to be smaller scale figures to include more characters and have cheaper price points. Thankfully a year later Palisades answered with the 3'4" pvcs, though they weren't articulated...still were pretty amazing.

Do many of you really have $12.99+tax to spend on every figure if they were to "do the Palisades size"? Come on...

The ultimate Muppet fan dream is to have as MANY characters as possible, like the Star Wars figures...and that can only happen with smaller figures and packins. Its something Ive been wishing for three decades for:smile:
It would be nice to fill in a few Palisades figure gaps of Sal, Mahna Mahna, Bobo, Seymour & Pepe pack, Vets Hospital and a decent representation of Miss Piggy, but we've been there and done that and they wouldn't likely start with these obscure fellas. The reality is that Palisades-size and style figures would SRP for 14.99-21.99 each in this market. I'd rather smaller figure packs for 4.99-7.99 each. But if they come out with attractive-looking figures I'll buy them at any size. Smaller is just easier to produce, market, shelve and sell.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
actually i was thinking about this and figure in small scale is a nice idea and maybe then sell palisades sized figures as collector figures in collector shops or that mattel collector site although i would need many more selves if they did do it in palisades scale which is okay for me my swedish kitchen needs a selve to sit on then if they did make palisades scaled figures it would fill although i think more companys will go small cause of the cost of making toys but you never know

beaker

Reaction score
actually i was thinking about this and figure in small scale is a nice idea and maybe then sell palisades sized figures as collector figures in collector shops or that mattel collector site although i would need many more selves if they did do it in palisades scale which is okay for me my swedish kitchen needs a selve to sit on then if they did make palisades scaled figures it would fill although i think more companys will go small cause of the cost of making toys but you never know
Oh totally, this is what they did with Toy Story 3. They made the big Palisades sized TS3 figures, small "buddy hero" size packs, 4" action figure versions, Disney pvc gift packs, Kinect figures, etc.
Pretty much virtually every size and scale imaginable.

Here's hoping the Diz does the same!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It would be nice to fill in a few Palisades figure gaps of Sal, Mahna Mahna, Bobo, Seymour & Pepe pack, Vets Hospital and a decent representation of Miss Piggy, but we've been there and done that and they wouldn't likely start with these obscure fellas. The reality is that Palisades-size and style figures would SRP for 14.99-21.99 each in this market. I'd rather smaller figure packs for 4.99-7.99 each. But if they come out with attractive-looking figures I'll buy them at any size. Smaller is just easier to produce, market, shelve and sell.
The only characters I would want out of a Palisades clone line would be Sal, Bobo, and Clueless Morgan. But let's get realistic. if someone were to do a line exactly the same, we'd just get Kermit, Piggy, and Animal again. I don't think anything justifies buying the same characters in the same scale when the ones I bought years ago are good enough.

Smaller, detailed figures... ones that can sell 2 to a pack and cost under 10 bucks? Can we DREAM? That's the perfect way to make and market Muppet characters... pair up popular characters with slightly less popular characters... Kermit with Scooter... something like that. I am anxiously awaiting the Sesame Street Buddy packs (stylization and all) due to the fact they found a place to put Murray and Telly toys.

Not to mention the fact that larger figures died out years ago. I see less and less of them on store shelves, and the ones that are made are strictly movie monsters and comic book heroes. Maybe the occasional movie tie in, but those never sell as well. Fakey Japanese blind boxes (without candy :boo: ) are the way to go. I could see a Kid Robot Family Guy/Simpsons/Futurama type of line... if only Disney would loosen up on that license as they have their own vynal blind box line.