*If* Figures for "The Muppets" were made, what would you want?

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
The only characters I would want out of a Palisades clone line would be Sal, Bobo, and Clueless Morgan. But let's get realistic. if someone were to do a line exactly the same, we'd just get Kermit, Piggy, and Animal again.
Yep. Cause Negativity is how the world goes round. I'd want a Seymore, a George the Janitor, and just to tick you off, DrTooth, a muppaphone in a tiny cage.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Enlighten me.

How... How in the heck may I ask is being realistic "Negative?"

Yes, I'd love to have every bloody single Muppet character as an action figure the same exact way as the Palisades ones... I'd love for the entire run if characters, even the ones I don't like and ones that did nothing in the background to fill out the set. But it's not in anyway VIABLE.

Look at the Playmates Simpsons line. They were as thorough as they can get. But it ended. MacFarline got the license, they just gave us the 5 basic family members over and over again, and yet another Rainier Wolcastle/Milhouse Radioactiveman set instead of just a plain RadioactiveMan figure. And that license lasted ONLY one wave, and didn't do all that well since... well, it's MacFarline toys.

NECA... TRUST ME ON THIS is TERRIBLE with future waves of toys. They could make good toys, but if the TMNT license is any indication, they'd make a Kermit, a Piggy, an Animal, maybe a Beaker or a Fozzie, and we'd have to wait a year at LEAST for more... and that's provided they want a second line. When they rolled out the TMNT line, they promised a second wave of Shredder, an Elite Guard, someone else I can't remember , and April. Guess what we got. Only April as a convention exclusive a year and a half later.

Oh, and Palisades has been gone for at least 5 years now. Who else would have the vision to make that many Muppet characters? Even now, I'm shocked they even released as many as they did.

Not to mention the fact that these things would cost up to 20 bucks each. Do you know how many expensive toys they'd have to sell to even get a second series? I don't think anyone but extreme collectors would bother getting Mildred or Angelo at those prices.... and I doubt we'd see anyone less popular than the Chef or the Mayhem band if we're lucky. Business sense, man... no one BUYS big action figures anymore. This isn't 10 years ago when little toy companies were coming out of the wood work.

The best way, and I mean it... the best way to get obscure characters is to make something MUCH smaller scale, reasonably priced, and maybe even blind boxed.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i totally agree there drtooth i am a collector and even i would pass on mildred or angelo at that price of $20

also mattel if gets the muppets line we know what comes next mountains and mountains of kermit varients in each series and then one new character one example is the disney cars line look at how many lighting mcqueens they have i used to collect the disney cars and i really don't want millons of kermits

and sal is pretty much the only character maybe bobo just cause they are the only two i got sad about kinda when the unrealsed series list hit muppet wiki and maybe the vets hospital as that was the last well known sketch on the muppets but the rest of the characters they were going to release would of been nice to have but not as nice as having a sal figure

Drtooth

Reaction score
I tell you, the one thing I didn't like about that company was the fact they were so perfectionist, Sal kept getting put off series after series, and then just became unproduced. I wish they just got him into series 9 instead of that Chef color variant. but hey, I can't begrudge them for a couple characters when they did such exceptional work with what they gave us.

Still, wish they didn't hop on the Lego figure bandwagon, but they were well too ahead of their time with the blind box Freakables... seriously, those didn't do well and sat on the shelves UNTIL the blind box fad set in. Then they vanished. If only they could have stayed around a while longer, and put those out later, they would have really cleaned up with them.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
very true with the lego fig thing but the thing that sunk series 9 was more steppin out fozzie i guess they released the chef for people who could not get the playset but why did they release that steppin out fozzie in the line when every other tux varient was exclusive which worked then maybe sal could of got in i heard that a sal prototype totally painted was on ebay a very lone time ago and i've heard of the ebay guy that sold cause he worked a palisades but it not there now and he does have the sesame street palisades protos in box but even if i had the money i would not pay over $3000 for them

beaker

Reaction score
Looking back, people had way too much unrealistic expectations with the Palisades line, and I'm surprised it got as far as it did(sadly, train crashing with the Sweetums web exclusive sold on some rinky dink shady site)

It's embarrassing looking back at how people endlessly complained about every detail...I can imagine Ken Lilly got some gray hairs.

I honestly don't think(this is to Dr Tooth) people these days have any clue as to how the toy industry works. I was just at Toys R Us and Target, what we have now are INSANELY dinky skinny cheap looking figures being sold for $10+. At least back in the late 90's and 2000's, we were getting big figures for the same price or less. Now, a lot of DC Direct, NECA, etc figures are $19.99. So while I have been long advocating a return to smaller figures...I didn't mean 1977 Love Boat/Star Wars sized. Heck, the Avatar and Marvel figures are super skinny and frail. I think the companies think kids and parents are idiots.

Remember the size of early to mid 1990 figures? I liked those. Batman movie, Congo the movie, 92-95 era Xmen and Marvel figures. PERFECT size. Such good quality, I still play with mine from 15 years ago now and then, and they hold up well. These days, figures fall apart when you open the package(like Jazwares)

NECA is good with one offs. Like doing one character from one movie, or two. They aren't good with expected series as you said. Though, that TRU exclusive ghost busters pack is amazing(not worth $65, however)

btw, Dr Tooth...speaking of TRU, saw Mega Man #1 today:smile:

But yeah, I could complain about the death of Palisades, Dream Wave and all the great early 2000's companies...but that time has passed

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly don't think(this is to Dr Tooth) people these days have any clue as to how the toy industry works. I was just at Toys R Us and Target, what we have now are INSANELY dinky skinny cheap looking figures being sold for $10+. At least back in the late 90's and 2000's, we were getting big figures for the same price or less. Now, a lot of DC Direct, NECA, etc figures are $19.99. So while I have been long advocating a return to smaller figures...I didn't mean 1977 Love Boat/Star Wars sized. Heck, the Avatar and Marvel figures are super skinny and frail. I think the companies think kids and parents are idiots.
Not to mention the constant price increases because of "Oh noez! Teh oils went up!" EVEN when the merchandise has been sitting on the store shelves and in the store for months. It's like they WANT the toy industry to crash. Dinky Star Wars figures shouldn't be anywhere near 12 bucks. And the collectible ones you need a second mortgage for. In this climate, there is NO WAY we'd get more than one or two waves if we're lucky of anything Palisades like.

If anything, i at LEAST want a Disney Store figurine set. The sculpts are always good... paint jobs? well... not so much, but they still are very high quality for the price they offer. I have the Chicken Little set from years ago, and it was just masterfully done.

beaker

Reaction score
Not to mention the constant price increases because of "Oh noez! Teh oils went up!" EVEN when the merchandise has been sitting on the store shelves and in the store for months. It's like they WANT the toy industry to crash. Dinky Star Wars figures shouldn't be anywhere near 12 bucks. And the collectible ones you need a second mortgage for. In this climate, there is NO WAY we'd get more than one or two waves if we're lucky of anything Palisades like.

If anything, i at LEAST want a Disney Store figurine set. The sculpts are always good... paint jobs? well... not so much, but they still are very high quality for the price they offer. I have the Chicken Little set from years ago, and it was just masterfully done.

There's no doubt we'll get the pvc sets/ Though hey, wait when's the Star Wars figures coming out? I want like Hog Solo!

Last year's November flagship didn't get much toy merch, probably due the thinking it should be more girl merch related...Princess and the Frog didn't get much either. That and, Mcdonalds stopped carrying Disney premiums. Toy Story 3 is the last time we've gotten action figures from a big Disney film. There was G Force, but Up nor Tangled nor Frog got much stuff.

Dearth

Reaction score
There's no doubt we'll get the pvc sets/ Though hey, wait when's the Star Wars figures coming out? I want like Hog Solo!
Pushed back to the fall... which luckily puts it closer to the time of the movie hitting theatres.

Alex

Drtooth

Reaction score
Last year's November flagship didn't get much toy merch, probably due the thinking it should be more girl merch related...Princess and the Frog didn't get much either. That and, Mcdonalds stopped carrying Disney premiums. Toy Story 3 is the last time we've gotten action figures from a big Disney film. There was G Force, but Up nor Tangled nor Frog got much stuff.
I'm so SICK of the cowardly refusal to put out McD's premiums due to backlash from lazy parental groups lead by hack doctors trying to say they went up against a big company in order to continue to overcharge their patients. Though THANKFULLY Diz has left the Marvel license alone. Still... I wish the Thor stuff at BK was better.