Minor Muppets you'd like to see in the new movie?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
As we all know, the new Muppet movie is bringing back quite a few old friends that we haven't seen or heard from in years, like Uncle Deadly, Thog, Behemoth, etc.

Which other minor Muppet characters are you hoping will pop up in the new film? Some of the ones that I'm hoping to see are:

-Lenny the Lizard
-Boppity
-Gloat
-Droop
-Baskerville
-Muppy
-Rover Joe
-T.R. the Rooster
-Catgut
-Afghan Hound
-the Black Rooster
-George the Janitor
-Mildred Huxtetter
-Hilda
-Gorgon Heap
-Beautiful Day Monster
-Luncheon Counter Monster
-Gladys the cafeteria lady
-Louis Kazzager
-Lips
-The Mutations
-Timmy Monster
-DogLion
-Mean Mama
-Lubbock Lou & his Jug-Huggers
-Miss Mousey
-Fleet Scribbler
-Annie Sue
-Link Hogthrob
-Dr. Strangepork
-Crazy Harry
-Lew Zealand
-Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphones
-Beauregard
-Brewster
-Nigel the Conductor
-Trumpet/Trombone Girl
-the Male & Female Koozebanians
-the Koozbanian Phoob
-the Fazoobs
-Mahna Mahna & the Snowths
-Fletcherbird
-Whaddayasay Bird
-Forcryingoutloud Bird
-Ohboy Bird
-Righton Bird
-Youknow Bird
-Ohreally Bird
-the Jim Henson, Frank Oz & Jerry Nelson Muppets

And some others that I can't really think of at the moment.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Of the minor Muppets not yet spoiler-photo'd as being in the movie...

One i'd most love to see: Marvin Suggs
Most likely to appear: Beauregard

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You called? Oh, you said minor muppets, not muppetz... :smile:

Anyway, I'd like to see every Muppet in this. But minor characters I most want to see, whether it's with dialogue, their own scenes, or just briefly in the crowd, I want to see:
  • Lips (he was rebuilt recently, so it shouldn't be a problem to include him)
  • Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphone
  • Louis Kazagger
  • Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers
  • Doglion
  • Gaffer
  • Gladys
  • Fletcherbird
  • Fleet Scribbler

I only listed TMS characters since the writers want it to focus on the classic characters, but I'd also like to see Digit, Leon, Lindbergh, Seymour, Bill the Bubble Guy, and Dr. Phil Van Neuter appear somewhere.

TSSD

Reaction score
You called? Oh, you said minor muppets, not muppetz... :smile:
It's funny, I was thinking the same thing when I saw this thread.
I'd love to see ...
  • Dr. Julius Strangepork
  • Link Hogthrob
  • The Jim, Frank and Jerry puppets
  • Angus MacGonagle (Just think of how gorgeously he could gargle Gershwin!)
  • Mahna Mahna
  • Miss Mousy
  • The Koozbanian Phoob
  • Bill, Gill, and Jill
  • and Kermit the Pig, Fozzie Pig, the Swedish Pig, and The Muppet Newspig

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
It would be great if they brought back Annie Sue and Lips. What I also hope for is lots of classic Muppet hints for the fans and for this movie to be Muppet-y--I hope it is lots like the first three and that this is NOT the LAST MOVIE <the title makes me a little bit nervous>.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
My list of Minor Muppets are:

Digit
Blue Frackle
Leon
Lips
Beauregard
Link Hogthrob
Dr. Julius Strangepork
Beautifal Day Monster
Crazy Harry
Mahna Mahna
The Snowths
Doglion
Behemoth
Pops
Dr. Phil Van Neuter
Bill the Bubble Guy
Lindbergh
Droop
Baskerville
Muppy
Flash
Bean Bunny
Big V

...There may be more. Those are some ones I would like to see! I would definetely love for the all members of Solid Foam to appear. Some characters from Muppets Tonight should make a comeback. Those are most of the ones I want! I know some of these will appear! They're going all out for this movie and I can see many obscure characters in the movie!

SeanC

Reaction score
Fletcherbird, Mean Mamma, Doglion, Timmy.... any of the full bodied ones, really :smile:
I'm seriously excited that Thog will be in it. Never thought I'd see him again.
And in the tradition of the first three Muppet movies, I'd like to see at least one Sesame Street character cameo.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Oh, there are tons of minor and/or more obscure Muppets I'd love to see appear in the new movie. Pretty much all my favorites have been listed.
I would have listed Uncle Deadly but we already have confirmation he's appearing in the movie, which is awesome! Has he even shown up in any of the other movies? (Maybe in the crowd scene at the end of "The Muppet Movie", I guess)
It would also be great to see a few Muppets Tonight characters thrown in somewhere in the background- most particularly, I'd love to see a re-emergence of Seymour. But considering we're not even sure Pepe has much of a role (if any), I don't know if his old comedy partner would be there. But it would be nice to see him. I understand that they're trying to focus on the classic Muppets, but recent productions like "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" and "Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa" seem to have incorporated many of the Muppets Tonight characters into the cast of regular Muppets- i.e. they are depicted as working with the gang at the Muppet Theater - thus, I think they can be accepted as part of the regular cast that should be there.
(i.e. Pepe, Johnny Fiama, Sal Minella, Bobo, Clifford, Carl, Bill the Bubble Guy, Dr. Phil Van Neuter, etc.)
I'd love to see some characters from The Jim Henson Hour back though- like Digit, Leon, Lindbergh, Zondra, Vicki, Bean Bunny, the whole Solid Foam band, and Waldo C. Graphic, for that matter.

It's very cool that Thog is in this movie- it would be amazing to see his long lost brother Thig show up. (I know it would probably be extremely unlikely as the puppet would have to be rebuilt and all)
But I love the monsters- I would hope Sweetums would be a given, but I would love to see Mean Mama, DogLion, Beautiful Day Monster, Luncheon Counter Monster, Timmy Monster, any and all of the Frackles, the Koozebanian aliens, Big V, Behemoth, The Bossmen, Boppity and Gloat and Droop.
And all the rest, really.:big_grin:
And how about Bean Bunny, and even the cast of Little Muppet Monsters just for fun- Molly, Tug and Boo. And The Fazoobs and Mulch and Yorick. It would be really cool to have him and some of the Sam and Friends cast there as a quick tribute to Jim Henson's first puppet show.
And I definitely agree with the tradition of a Sesame Street cameo.
Of course, Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch have already made classic appearances- and of course, a number of the Sesame Street gang showed up at the end of "The Muppet Movie" and at Kermit and Piggy's wedding in "The Muppets Take Manhattan".
I don't know if there would be call for a whole bunch of the Sesame Street Muppets to be in there or if it would work better with just one. But if I had to choose one, I'm thinking it might be neat to have Grover show up and have some banter with Kermit at random. Or maybe Cookie Monster. Or maybe someone just totally unexpected at random from Sesame Street- even a newer character like Abby Cadabby or someone like Elmo or Zoe.
Of course, if we're doing cameos at random, it would also be great to have a cameo from Fraggle Rock and maybe even characters from The Dark Crystal or Labyrinth as background characters.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Technically not a Muppet, but ...

"We're going to need another Timmy".

LOL.