Minor Muppets you'd like to see in the new movie?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Upon reading what Rashida Jones said in that article, I'm getting the feeling that we'll be seeing Trumpet Girl/Trombone Girl making a comeback in the film as well.
That sounds cool. I think this'll be the first time that character was used outside of the Muppet Show. And if she's in it then the movie must have Lips (who was rebuilt a few years ago).

Actually I don't doubt Lips will appear, but I wonder if he'll appear alongside the Electric Mayhem. And if Seymour appears, regardless of whether he has any lines, I wonder if they'll have him right near Pepe.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
That sounds cool. I think this'll be the first time that character was used outside of the Muppet Show. And if she's in it then the movie must have Lips (who was rebuilt a few years ago).

Actually I don't doubt Lips will appear, but I wonder if he'll appear alongside the Electric Mayhem. And if Seymour appears, regardless of whether he has any lines, I wonder if they'll have him right near Pepe.
Keep them leaks comeing! Can you all really feel the excitement here Wow this is really going to be a huge step in the right direction for us Muppet Fans!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know this is a stretch...

I wanna see the Dracula Puppet from Forgetting Sarah Marshal hidden in the movie somewhere. Like an Easter egg. Even just as a photo or on a television...

ilovemusic

Reaction score
I would love to see Lips again in the movie, I suppose the EM isn't complete without him, not only as charry, but they also need the trumpet sound, I think.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know this is a stretch...

I wanna see the Dracula Puppet from Forgetting Sarah Marshal hidden in the movie somewhere. Like an Easter egg. Even just as a photo or on a television...
Hmm, reading that, maybe they can put posters in the background of every Disney-owned movie with creature shop involvement (Old Dogs, Lost in Space, George of the Jungle).

dwmckim

Reaction score
After reading the sentence in one of the recent articles about how they'll feature over a hundred Muppet characters, i checked the Oct '09 draft of the script and it only specifically referenced 30-something Muppets - so that leaves about 60-something more obscure ones that have since been added.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After reading the sentence in one of the recent articles about how they'll feature over a hundred Muppet characters, i checked the Oct '09 draft of the script and it only specifically referenced 30-something Muppets - so that leaves about 60-something more obscure ones that have since been added.
I read about the draft being "leaked" online... Where online has the script been posted? Was it a paysite?

beaker

Reaction score
I read about the draft being "leaked" online... Where online has the script been posted? Was it a paysite?
Hopefully a lot was changed from it, as I was not blown away or completely moved by it. Chances are they came up with a wholly new script while still retaining the basic framework.

If there's any JHH characters in it, I'll be beyond happy^_^

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Did the script mention any large group scenes, where not everybody included was mentioned in the script? That article could have been referring to background characters.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Did the script mention any large group scenes, where not everybody included was mentioned in the script? That article could have been referring to background characters.
I only counted characters that were specifically named as having a line or being present. Going of an early draft and i'm sure lots has been changed (especially after getting input from Disney, Muppets Studio, Pixar, and Bobin who changed Bobo's part to Uncle Deadly) Of course group scenes don't spell out all who's present. For that matter Zoot wasn't even named at all though of course it's assumed he's there with The Electric Mayhem in general.