Sesame Street Season 42 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Ironic that a not for profit gets sponsored from a bank and then goes to promote capitalist sentiment...
I do think that this is a good idea, as I study economics at school and I can't help but think how this would have aided a couple of people in my class in understanding some stuff at the start of the year. However I'm also of the opinion that whilst possibly a good idea, the level of understanding that children have around these sorts of concepts is likely quite varied, and the importance of teaching such concept at the age of the (current) target audience can be debated.

Oscarfan

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
They're getting taught the basics of money, such as saving, spending and sharing. They're not going to teach things like loans or mortgages.
And they're not teaching them the dangers of random bank fees that the stockholders make them impose to get more short term gains that hurt everyone BUT themselves. Yeah, it's just a small focus that's frankly a season later than it should have been.

How come no one complained that the first year they had the "Good Egg Project" as a sponsor, they had a "Where Eggs supposedly come from" segment?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the whole thing! Though I wonder if Mr. Johnson recognises Grover as Spider Monster.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Sneak Peak at SpiderMonster, the Musical!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR1DdMeVqTw&feature=feedu

Am I the only one who kinda enjoys parodies involving the regular characters more than AMs? I mean, Grover in a parody is great enough, but adding Mr. Johnson in the mix is extra fun.
Absolutely brilliant. I haven't laughed so hard at a Sesame Street clip in a long time. And also note Frank Oz is Grover. Pure gold.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sneak Peak at SpiderMonster, the Musical!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR1DdMeVqTw&feature=feedu

Am I the only one who kinda enjoys parodies involving the regular characters more than AMs? I mean, Grover in a parody is great enough, but adding Mr. Johnson in the mix is extra fun.
I can't even comment on that. It's too perfect anything I said would be repeating the obvious and taking away for that joke.

Lemme just say, that is one epic backhand of a parody! I haven't seen them do something that delightfully snarky since the opening line in C Drives me Crazy: "Live from the Mojave Desert, with their greatest and ONLY hit ever, the Fine Young Camels!"

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Absolutely brilliant. I haven't laughed so hard at a Sesame Street clip in a long time. And also note Frank Oz is Grover. Pure gold.
So that's Frank as Grover? Good to see his still performing his characters on occasion. I look forward to seeing the rest of that. Those Grover/Mr. Johnson skits are always the best.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So that's Frank as Grover? Good to see his still performing his characters on occasion. I look forward to seeing the rest of that. Those Grover/Mr. Johnson skits are always the best.
For a while, he was only performing Bert for new Ernie and Bert bits, but once they ressurected the old Grover/Mr. Johnson routine, he started doing Grover again for those bits only.

Status
Not open for further replies.