Sesame Street Season 42 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
For the record, Frank did Grover in a season 40 bit, the last time he did Cookie was for a 2004 street story and his last performance of Bert was season 37. Eric did Grover for some new Mr. Johnson bits last year, so it's not like Frank comes in for every instance they have the two together.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think Frank really like to come in and work with Jerry, to kind of bring back some of that old classic stuff. Just Frank and Jerry haveing some fun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never said that Frank comes in to Grover everytime they do Grover/Mr. Johnson, I'm saying he started doing Grover again when they ressurrected the routine, otherwise, he was pretty much doing Bert exclusively there for a while whenever he did come in.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
A SW staffer commented on the video, saying Frank also did another Grover/Mr. Johnson piece and a song. So, yay for more Frank!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I never said that Frank comes in to Grover everytime they do Grover/Mr. Johnson, I'm saying he started doing Grover again when they ressurrected the routine, otherwise, he was pretty much doing Bert exclusively there for a while whenever he did come in.
Oh, okay. I thought I heard that Frank did some 'Global Grovers' as well, but maybe I'm wrong there.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, again, he did do some GGs, mostly for Season 34 I believe; it really was post 2004 or so that he began doing Bert exclusively. I think his first new Grover bit was the "Outrageous Makeover: Home Addition" spoof, which, IIRC was for Season 37 or 38, so that's about two or three seasons of doing just Bert.

Again, my assumption is that since they started ressurrecting the old Grover/Mr. Johnson routine a few years ago, that Frank wanted to start doing Grover again, but again, I'm not saying Frank does Grover everytime they do a new Grover/Mr. Johnson bit, because I am aware that Eric has done some of them as well.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I wonder why he hasn't performed Cookie Monster in recent years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've often wondered that myself... I guess there's no chance ofhim doing Cookie again anytime soon, because there's really not much they can ressurrect as a throwback to the old days that would entice him to do Cookie again.

We're also forgetting a random biggie too, when he stepped in for the Mad Men parody... actually, there's a common thread running through here... Mad Men, SpiderMonster... I guess he's drawn to the spoofs they've been doing recently, because let's face it, Frank has said that he doesn't feel SST is as hip and clever as it used to be, but you have to admit, the spoofs have been perfect lately.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Sounds reasonable.
It would have been awsome to see Frank do Cookie in SNL audition tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.