Minor Muppets you'd like to see in the new movie?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'll just go down my list again and check off those who have appeared in one of the four trailers so far...

• Lips CHECK
  • Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphone CHECK (Marvin Suggs only)
  • Louis Kazagger
  • Lubbock Lou and his Jughuggers MAYBE (I think I spotted a glimpse of Bubba)
  • Doglion
  • Gaffer
  • Gladys
  • Fletcherbird
  • Fleet Scribbler
Hmmm, only a few so far (but at least the one at the top of my list has been spotted!).

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I was wondering...

Maybe the arches that are still empty in that shot in the official trailer are going to be filled by other secondary characters that might have prominent cameos in the film and they either haven't been put in yet or were edited out to not give too much away.

One thing that I think would be neat is if they do this:

In the Steve Martin episode of TMS, as we all know, some of the show's minor characters tried to audition for the show, but got rejected by the "major" characters out of fear of losing their jobs and getting replaced (Baskerville as a comedian, Lenny the Lizard as an emcee, Mary Louise as a female singer, etc.). Perhaps if they come to the theater to perform in the telethon with their fellow Muppets, perhaps they'll ask if they can do their respective routines (referencing their failed auditions in the Steve Martin) and get turned down, causing them to remain in the background, but when the "major" characters end up in jail (leading to that scene in the "Fuzzy Pack" trailer) while the telethon is in progress, they'll call the characters that are still holding down the fort at the theater to cover for them until they get back, including begrudgingly asking Baskerville to fill in as the comedian, Lenny to fill in as the emcee, etc., finally giving them a chance to shine in those roles, if only for a short while. And maybe those minor characters will fill the empty spots in the arches as well in the finished film.

I know that's a long-shot, but I wouldn't put it past them completely, due to Segel, Stoller, et al. being the big Muppet fans that they are and the fact that lots of little nuggets for the fans will be popping up throughout the flick.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe the arches that are still empty in that shot in the official trailer are going to be filled by other secondary characters that might have prominent cameos in the film and they either haven't been put in yet or were edited out to not give too much away.

One thing that I think would be neat is if they do this:

In the Steve Martin episode of TMS, as we all know, some of the show's minor characters tried to audition for the show, but got rejected by the "major" characters out of fear of losing their jobs and getting replaced (Baskerville as a comedian, Lenny the Lizard as an emcee, Mary Louise as a female singer, etc.). Perhaps if they come to the theater to perform in the telethon with their fellow Muppets, perhaps they'll ask if they can do their respective routines (referencing their failed auditions in the Steve Martin) and get turned down, causing them to remain in the background, but when the "major" characters end up in jail (leading to that scene in the "Fuzzy Pack" trailer) while the telethon is in progress, they'll call the characters that are still holding down the fort at the theater to cover for them until they get back, including begrudgingly asking Baskerville to fill in as the comedian, Lenny to fill in as the emcee, etc., finally giving them a chance to shine in those roles, if only for a short while. And maybe those minor characters will fill the empty spots in the arches as well in the finished film.
Well, all those characters have been used on The Muppet Show in other episodes, so I don't think it would be too much of a spoiler if any of them were in the archs. Besides, on The Muppet Show, Baskerville and Lenny WERE in the arches (can't remember off-hand if Mary Louise was).

Somehow I think Bobo and Uncle Deadley will turn against the villian by the end, and perhaps they will be added in.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Somehow I think Bobo and Uncle Deadley will turn against the villian by the end, and perhaps they will be added in.
True, unless the scene with the arches takes place in the middle of the film at the start of the telethon. If that's the case, then most likely they'll still be assissting Tex Richman in his plans by that point and will have yet to betray him.

I know that Baskerville and Lenny were in the arches and multiple episodes of TMS. I was just referring to the fact that they didn't get the types of roles they auditioned for and possibly always wanted to do them, but didn't, due to the main characters preventing them from doing so.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
DW McKim mentioned that there was an article that mentioned it'll have over 100 Muppets, and there's at least one article saying it'll include every Muppet we can think of (well, that can be "over 100"). It would be interesting if they would reveal the number of Muppets with speaking parts in this (when The Simpsons Movie came out, articles mentioned that it had 90-something characters with lines).

I have noticed that while many obscure characters are back, hardly anybody previously from only one appearance is spotted. It would be interesting to see if the movie features appearances by Kermit the Pig, the Hugga Wugga cast, Betsy Bird, Gonzo's alien family, Goggles and Croaker, the dancing spider, and others.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I read an article which mentioned the Muppaphones being in this. And they aren't in any of the trailers.

12Medbe

Reaction score
Here's who I'd like to see

-Pops
-George The Janitor
-Robin
-Fletcherbird
-Miss Mousey
-Hilda
-Mildred
-Boppity
-Gloat