"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dr Tooth: Wait, you didnt see Happy Feet? While this new one doesnt interest me, I actually was really impressed by the first one. Heck I thought Surfs Up was fun too
I dunno... I like Penguins and all, but no one has improved on Muppet Penguins.
Other than Robin Williams, the thing didn't appeal to me.
But by far the BEST looking cgi in a kids film, and one of the best all around cgi film period: Rango. I forget what studio house did it, but the cgi in that film is jaw droppingly good.
Gah! I Know! How come we were literally bombarded by crappy toys from F-grade studio movies like Planet 51, but there was nothing from a film who's toys with have the potential to have the greatest sculpts in history. I LOVED the look, I loved the tone, and I especially love how they swore in a PG movie! I hate that PG movies look like souped up G movies. Rango is exactly what I thought a PG movie should be. Violence, some adult humor, and mild cussing. And really... I can't even say how much I loved it. My favorite animated movie of the year so far. I hope the thing explodes on DVD and we get some nice merchandising. Still, I wish I could have found a BK that actually had the toy OF Rango.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I agree, Muppetfan! And I think that Amy is performing the chicken there too. They did mention in an interview that they've had to do characters in some group scenes, and it would make sense if they did here too. Amy seemed cute though, performing the chicken and pretending that she wasn't.
I saw one interview where Amy saud she even performed characters in scenes she appeared in. I assumed she meant she performed characters in shots where she didn't appear on screen. It didn't occure to me that they'd actually perform while appearing on-screen. Though I doubt Jason Segel performed the rat that sits on his hand in the office scene.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The kinds of thoughts I have when I lack sleep:

1. I smell the use of the "Just One Person" song.
2. Okay, this is from Bein' Green or whatever the Green Lantern one was, but what if it's Jim's voice when Kermit is in the O, and that is the real reason Kermit in that trailer says something was wrong with his throat?
3. Jason and Amy's probably going to use songs from GMC. From the "romantic" scenes we've seen among the different trailers, it looks like Jason gets in a tux, probably references Stepping Out with a Star (is that the title?), and fantasizes dancing with Amy with references to The Moment It Happens (again, don't know if that's the title).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did anyone go see transformers last night? at the theater i went to see it this trailer played before it, the audience loved it and clapped at kermits mini speech

The only way I'd bother seeing a Transformers movie is if somehow someone miraculously gets them to re-release the original animated one in theaters. Michael Bay's suckiness is one thing, but you got a scene where an Eric Idle voiced Transformer dances to Weird Al music. I mean, that scene has so much geeky nerdy epicness it needs to win a special geek Oscar or something.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
The only way I'd bother seeing a Transformers movie is if somehow someone miraculously gets them to re-release the original animated one in theaters. Michael Bay's suckiness is one thing, but you got a scene where an Eric Idle voiced Transformer dances to Weird Al music. I mean, that scene has so much geeky nerdy epicness it needs to win a special geek Oscar or something.
OK?..........

that didnt really answer anything and i wasnt looking for a transformers debate about who likes it and who doesn't(Personally i like it),

i was just saying that this official Muppets trailer played before the movie...which i didn't see coming but was a delightful surprise nonetheless

beaker

Reaction score
OK?..........

that didnt really answer anything and i wasnt looking for a transformers debate about who likes it and who doesn't(Personally i like it),

i was just saying that this official Muppets trailer played before the movie...which i didn't see coming but was a delightful surprise nonetheless
Dr Tooth reminds me of me sometimes, where someone will say a trigger word and I'll go off on this wall o' text long verbose scathing polemic...then wonder.."wait, what was the question again?" Dr tooth wouldnt be drtooth without that!

Now TF3 actually has gotten surprising good reviews, for what its worth. And its spose to be the best live action 3d looking film yet. So I'll see it. And yay on the audience digging the muppet trailer! *whew*