NEW Muppet Poster

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt they would... but that's if there are others. Again, something suggests this is an international poster (the Bringlish use of the word "Cinemas").
There will be more. If this was a US poster we'd be seeing it all over eBay like now... much like we did with the first teaser. It's an international poster, and we're bound to see an official, non-teaser United States poster very soon. Those other Toy Story posters you showed, Drtooth, I believe were international versions as well. I doubt this poster is the one we'll see gracing movie theaters in the United States--or maybe even over seas as well--come this fall. More is definitely to come.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm sure we will to but I still don't understand what the big deal is over the poster. I mean at least Disney is doing something with the Muppets, and that something is something we have been wanting for a very very long time. Yea sure there are going to be little hits and misses but for frog sake stop bashing Disney! Back in 2005 when Disney bought the Muppets I thought well they will do a few direct to video things, and try and kid the Muppets down. (kind of what they did with Mickey) But after time Disney has found that they really can make some money off the Muppets. Why? because the Muppets have a huge fan base and they are steping in the right direction with this movie as well. I mean have you seen any of the previews? Even if the script stinks (doughtfull) we will get to see some almost forgoten Muppets be brought back to the spotlight, and for any Muppet fan that alone should make you as giddy as a school girl on prom night!

Drtooth

Reaction score
We're not bashing Disney. We're offering, at least some of us are, constructive criticism. Quite honestly, there's rarely been a movie poster in the past 15 years I liked (with, maybe the exception of some of Pixar's stuff and the beautiful Princess and the Frog poster), and it's all due to photoshoots over illustration and CGI composites of said photos.

Nothing's uglier than Smurf butts caught in an NYC subway train, so I can't say this one is bad. Just... it needs work and the first one was much better. Sometimes less IS more.

Honestly, I could care less how the poster looks if the movie's going to be good... but it's a real shame we didn't get something much more in step with the classic Muppet Movie posters of yore....

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Just a quick note to soothe both sides:

Fact 1: Fans are notoriously inky-pinky about the details of our fandom(s). It's what separate us from people who WATCH shows but are not really FANS.
Fact 2: Inky-pinky or not, fans who whine are less likely to get more of what we want.

I certainly don't want Disney, for example, to look at this forum as some sort of test for what will sell to the general public--we are the crazed, the intense, the huddled masses yearning to be...oh. Ahem. Sorry. Where was I? Ooh! BUT--and this is a big but--if we are going to revel in all of our intense inky-pinky-ness, isn't this exactly the place to do it? At the forum where the casual fan is unusual? And the crazed, er, um, extremely informed fan is the norm?

If the intensity level bothers you on one part of this forum--whether too much or too little, I'm sure there are other fans here at the forum happy to interact with you who are more on the same level. What say the people?

Can we get a big, muppety hug?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dontthink anyone is bashing Disney. Heck, I like Disney more than most people on here. I think what people are upset about is that its the return of the muppets and this poster just does not do anything to get people excited about it. To someone who is not familiar with the muppets, it could come across as "Oh. Its just a bunch of puppets...big deal." It doesnt instill interest in the movie like previous movie posters have.

Now, as other people have said, movie posters in general now tend to stink. I really couldn't care less if the poster is stinky but the movie is good. But is that a crime to comment on what you dislike about something? No one has really said anything harsh and talking about it in a mature way. A lot of "fan" groups are quick to actually make threats against a company when they dont like something.

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
I agree with what MOST of you are saying about the poster...
I can understand the purpose of the 'Crushed' together look - colours, etc...
But I still (like most of you) would like to see a scene being played up, some action that suggests what the film is about, perhaps THIS poster is being worked on?

But I must say the worst thing about this poster is Piggy! I do not understand why she can't look 'good' anymore. But as somebody has already pointed out, it's in the positioning of her eyes. As seen in the 'altered' poster, a slight diagonal lean of her eye makes an incredible difference and I'm just surprised Disney gave the all clear before this was picked up upon.
Kermit's pose is very immature, young, whatever - they could have gone with something more simple. Even the Muppet Home Video pose is better than this...

beaker

Reaction score
Reevz is right on. I wouldnt even be caught hanging any of these Muppet 2011 posters up. They just flat out suck, and look almost creepy.

Yeah, where was the real slow teaser roll out like TS3 as Reevz said? Why not have FOUR different lobby posters, each showing an extreme closeup of the body of kermit, or gonzo, or piggy, or fozzie or just theyre fur with a "it's time to light the lights. This November" tagline. Can anyone tell me that wouldn't have been awesome?

And that's just the teaser posters they could have had last Holiday season or early this year. The Euro and America Muppet posters just look uninviting. Theres such a huge wealth of talented artists in Muppetdom and in the industry at large, and they just went with sloppy.

You guys keep saying "they're holding it close to their chest", but with four months to go and little promotion they must be holding it realll close to their chest. This definitely has been nothing compared to the TS3 promotion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You guys keep saying "they're holding it close to their chest", but with four months to go and little promotion they must be holding it realll close to their chest. This definitely has been nothing compared to the TS3 promotion.
I give it August... that's when a bunch of merchandise was slated to come out. I actually FOUND the last surviving Disney Store around me (Thanks Simon Malls monopoly! :sigh:) and the only Muppet stuff I saw was 2 Animal Shirts (hard to tell if they were new or not) and the Vynalmations they still had. Nothing else, not even a beach blanket. But it looks like they all the sudden started putting out new movie specific Pooh stuff. And, again, that's hard to tell since they've been milking Pooh for years.

Still... I don't think I've seen ANY posters yet, but the theater I frequent only has old ones anyway....

douggy

Reaction score
I wouldn't stick up for Disney, i very much doubt they care about what we think. They're just pumping this out for the $.
If they were doing it for the fans (which is what some of you have put) then they'd actually take some time on it, we're not stupid, rather than getting someone to do it in photoshop. You have half an hour, GO! Drop Shaows! i like you're thinking!
This is just being pumped out to make a quick buck, you can smell it a mile off.
having said all that, i really do hope the film's good and I hope that you are all able to tell me to eat my own words. It's just not the muppets though, just seems like some lame cash in.
I personally haven't liked the muppets since Jim passed away, sure the old voice talents are still here and there and there are little moments, but i just don't buy it. The charm and bite has gone. I don't get why people are still getting excited about new muppet stuff. For the cleaner looking puppets? I don't know..

As a true fan of Henson's work I really cannot enjoy anything that's made under his name and legacy after he's been gone for 20+ years. It's just baffling to me.