NEW Muppet Poster

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Maybe its a parody.. you know, The fuzzy pack, Green with Envy, they were both parodies.. It's possible that they were intentionally making it look like TS3..i mean, the one with the M is just screaming parody..
I never thought about that! lol. Maybe we've got another trailer on the way!! :wink:

Nick22

Reaction score
I actually rully like this poster. I don't understand all the complaints. I'm pretty sure the quality of the movie itself is much more important than an advertising poster. And I want this poster up in my room so badly! :flirt:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They should have done a little face lift on Piggy along with the rest of the heavy Photoshopping, but I have to admit to agreeing with this tactic. The burst of color from the use of the actual puppets and branding the Muppets name as the franchise with Kermit and the Toy Story 3 template are very wise choices. This also shows a lot of the joy missing from the teaser poster. Please hire him for at least one of the styles, Disney people!

However, the execution here is a C+ effort. Any second-year art school student could do this. I'm not saying it's bad. Just middling. Technical rundown - there are sizing issues with Walter, Beaker and Fozzie Bear. There are mangled-looking fingers on Kermit's right hand, Janice's left hand and the flat-faced Miss Piggy's strangely stiff right arm. There's also an overuse of the burn tool over Dr. Teeth. I am okay with the teaked pupils on Kermit and the others. And hey...you gotta love a poster with Scooter right in the middle!!!! :wink:

I think Stuart's Muppet theater seat project would work much better than any of this. They should be using that right now! Disney execs, I'm sure he'd add Walter if asked! I do miss Struzan's beautiful compositions.

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, that Muppet Movie poster is amazing. Heck they all look good, even the MFS one. I greatly dislike all the Muppet movie 2011 posters, sorry.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They should have done a little face lift on Piggy along with the rest of the heavy Photoshopping, but I have to admit to agreeing with this tactic. The burst of color from the use of the actual puppets and branding the Muppets name as the franchise with Kermit and the Toy Story 3 template are very wise choices. This also shows a lot of the joy missing from the teaser poster. Please hire him for at least one of the styles, Disney people!

However, the execution here is a C+ effort. Any second-year art school student could do this. I'm not saying it's bad. Just middling. Technical rundown - there are sizing issues with Walter, Beaker and Fozzie Bear. There are mangled-looking fingers on Kermit's right hand, Janice's left hand and the flat-faced Miss Piggy's strangely stiff right arm. There's also an overuse of the burn tool over Dr. Teeth. I am okay with the teaked pupils on Kermit and the others. And hey...you gotta love a poster with Scooter right in the middle!!!!
Somehow, the giant M one looks better put together... Dr. Teeth in heavy shadow works better when he's actually BEHIND someone. Plus, I NEVER like when they alter a poser Muppet's eyes to actually look around. While there are Muppets with moving pupils, for the most part, they're focused in the middle, and any movement and eye focus is an illusion brought on by the puppeteer's performance.

I don't like that they had to make this the TS3 poster, since I never really dug that one either... as far as TS3 posters go...

and

are both far superior, and manage to capture the action of the film, rather than "Look at all the collectible Pokemon!" And while I love the idea of having all these rare classic characters on the poster, I really think it boarders on the territory of the

Only, much better looking.

zns

Reaction score
This is going to be the best Thanksgiving ever. And I just thought of something, what if something like the Macy's Parade would do some sort of tribute to the Muppets in the parade this year to promote the film? Just a shot in the dark. :wink:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
This is going to be the best Thanksgiving ever. And I just thought of something, what if something like the Macy's Parade would do some sort of tribute to the Muppets in the parade this year to promote the film? Just a shot in the dark. :wink:
you know i dont think that idea is to farfetched..Macys and muppets have done things in the past before, i could see something happening this year

douggy

Reaction score
This poster is terrible. Sorry but it really is, looks like it's been knocked out in half hour.
For starters half the muppets look wrong. It doesn't take long in photoshop to alter the eyes so they don't look dead, takes 2 minutes. Who's running the show here?
The muppets don't even look like the muppets, they look like some replicas that turn up on ebay (the new photos anyway) seen that same dr teeth photo a billion times.

douggy

Reaction score
Dear Disney..

get all the muppet puppets, get them a room (like they used to), set up a scene, so they all look alive and are having fun interacting ( The dynamic within the muppets is very important..take note), set up some lights (not shadows in photoshop..no no) and hire someone who can hold a camera and take some nice photos.

OR

Just ask Struzan.

Or maybe lean out the window and ask the guys at Pixar to give you a hand. They know what they're doing, you certainly don't.