NEW Muppet Poster

Walter

Reaction score
Maybe its a parody.. you know, The fuzzy pack, Green with Envy, they were both parodies.. It's possible that they were intentionally making it look like TS3..i mean, the one with the M is just screaming parody..

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Aside from the glaring obviousness of something they forgot, I very much dislike the poster. Like everyone else said, there is just no life to it. And why is it so hard to pose kermit so he doesnt look like a 3 year old who did something naughty?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I know from which he comes from. He's been working on a photorealistic illustration that he tried to submit, but he got turned down because, and let's not forget this... anytime you send something to a company that owns it, it's unsolicited work. E.i. if you want to work on the Simpsons, DON'T write a sample Simpsons script.

And while that's the way things ARE done (not to mention a LOT of nepotism) I can't help side with Reeves, ONLY because they really don't seem to get posers anymore. I mean, they weren't wonderful to begin with...

I too miss illustrated posters. Imagine if they got that guy back to do a wonderful retro Muppet Movie poster? I mean, the movie has an 80's fixing stuff up montage, an 80's Robot... why not an 80's style poster?

I don't love it, but I don't hate it... I'd be glad to buy it for the collectible factor (I just greatly dislike Late 90's-present movie posters... all lame photo shoots with no emotion... and I don't just mean Muppet movies... everything looks that way now). It could be much much worse, but somehow, i think the first poster captured lightning in a bottle... they looked a lot more lively in that one.

Plus, I agree... it's a bit too much like the TS3 poster, jumbling up every character in the movie they can. It's still much better than those poorly Photoshopped puzzles and calendar shots we got, though.

But still... this poster IS still making me excited for this film.
hey DrTooth if memory serves wasnt MCC and MTI movie posters retro illustrated too?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Man, I'm happy my aunt works at a movie theater. I'm TOTALLY going to be bugging her for those posters. She gave me a Tangled one not too long ago too.

That is if it's the same one released in the US, which I very much hope it is, cause I LOVE IT. It's got a little bit of that Toy Story 3 vibe though (which is a good thing in my mind)...

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I think the posters are kinda cool.

I especially like the one with the giant felt "M" in the middle.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I am getting very pumped for this movie! :big_grin: My only thing was that Scooter's left hand looked weird... lol. But I cannot wait for this movie!

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I really L:flirt:VE this poster! It's awesome! I love the posers - though, I agree, some are a bit lifeless - I still love this! I also agree that it looks TS3-ish, but I still love it!

Though, I must say... someone is missing... :sing:

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I also agree that it looks TS3-ish, but I still love it!

Though, I must say... someone is missing... :sing:
They've missed out A LOT of characters. I certainly hope that there is freakishly large movie poster banner that features EVERY SINGLE Muppet that appears in the movie!! Speaking of TS3, I hope that THE MUPPETS is just as every bit successful! :smile: