1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

NEW Muppet Poster

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by bknatchbull, Jul 11, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah but this is 2011 Ameriduh. Where women can only be portrayed as skinny/slender(unless they are a cliched sassy black woman) Heck Im surprised they havent bulked up Kermits arms and chest, or insisted Justice Beaver be a part of the Muppet movie. Im sure there will be lots of obvious product placements for smart phones, social networking, etc.
  2. scottishpiggy

scottishpiggy Member

wasnt there a time when Piggy was supposed to have lost weight, or am i imagining it? Im sure I saw a tv interview or something where it was joked about. But it couldve been a dream...
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm so glad that they didn't shove Justin in this film at all. Other than Disney putting 2 brief cameos of their "stars" which I still object too, seems the writers had the pull to get as many of their friends and big names possible to cameo in this one. Yeah, no Rob Schnider/Hulkmania/Dawson's Creak here...
  4. terrimonster

terrimonster Member

I actually kind of like that. I grew up making collages, and it looks like a kid's collage. I'd rather see a photoshop collage - where depth and scale aren't supposed to matter - than a failed attempt at realism where the lack of depth and scale just reveal that it's shopped.

I don't hate the new poster, but it's too obviously photoshopped, and not particularly original or interesting.
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

There was another variant on the poster released by accident apparently which said "2011". Still, I like this wider version of it with Fozzie beside Janice, instead of above her, and Walter next to Kermit instead of crammed in above. Also, no stupid Bunny on those old dudes.

[​IMG]
  6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

7. muppetperson

Just noticed the Feb 2011 poster above, so I guess they just changed the year, but also noticed they changed the website from the UK to the American site.
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That's still a UK poster. Note how it says "cinemas," which you hardly ever (read: never) see using to advertise films in the US. They must have just corrected their February 2011 error.
  9. Drtooth

It has been confirmed the overseas date will be different than ours. The US film WILL still be released as planned, and reshoots were probably to get better angles.

BTW, saw the new US poster finally hitting the theaters today.
  10. muppetperson

I thought "cinemas" was the norm, but I guess from Drtooth's reply you refer to it as "theaters" in the States.
  11. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah us here in the US say theaters on our movie posters.. :electric:
  12. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

Americans. Always gotta be different ;)
  13. Drtooth

Proof that this is indeed the international poster...

[​IMG]

There's one for Spain too... curiously uses "Los Muppets" instead of the Spanish name.

I get it now.

The US version, while the Muppets are the focus, also heavily feature the human actors as well. Now, for what ever reason, be it the relative popularity of the actors internationally, or that Disney's marketing them differently overseas (where they probably care more about the characters than the name human stars), there is a clear lack of any reference to Jason and Amy with these international posters.

Though, curiously I was looking for reference to parody it, I noticed something about the international poster of this movie:
    [​IMG]

For the lack of a better example, this Brazilian Chipmunks poster lacks Jason Lee's look of derision annoyance of being in the film of the antics of the boys. plus, they aren't in hip hop boy band gear.

So clearly they market movies differently overseas.
  14. muppetperson

Oh no,who would want the Muppets to "Die"! :D
  15. Drtooth

"It's German for 'The Bart! The'"
    muppetperson likes this.