"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Beauregard

Reaction score
I did notice recently that Thog has cool blinking eyes, though!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
On some versions of the trailer, the Scooter-like jacket appears around 0:21-0:22.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somebody pointed out that it looks like Jason Segal is performing Dr. Teeth in the car scene, in additon to appearing on-camera. And I started thinking about this. None of Bill Barretta's other characters are in the car (no Rowlf, no Swedish Chef, and of course no Pepe, unless he's on the floor and out of shot). I guess they had to put Dr. Teeth in the back, given the size of his hat (so as to not block any other characters).

It made me wonder if maybe Bill Barretta wasn't there when that scene was shot. But then it made me think of something else: Though I thought none of his other characters are in the car, maybe Bill performs '80s Robot. After all, we haven't seen any reports on who performs that character, there's been no behind-the-scenes photos of the character. Of course I expected a newer performer to perform the robot, but we won't know until it's released (or earlier).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Somebody pointed out that it looks like Jason Segal is performing Dr. Teeth in the car scene, in additon to appearing on-camera. And I started thinking about this. None of Bill Barretta's other characters are in the car (no Rowlf, no Swedish Chef, and of course no Pepe, unless he's on the floor and out of shot). I guess they had to put Dr. Teeth in the back, given the size of his hat (so as to not block any other characters).

It made me wonder if maybe Bill Barretta wasn't there when that scene was shot. But then it made me think of something else: Though I thought none of his other characters are in the car, maybe Bill performs '80s Robot. After all, we haven't seen any reports on who performs that character, there's been no behind-the-scenes photos of the character. Of course I expected a newer performer to perform the robot, but we won't know until it's released (or earlier).
If you look again Chef was sitting beside Kermit.

Beauregard

Reaction score
If Bill is performing 80s Robot then I predict another breakout star for the Barretta! I'm secretly hoping that its a unique character for Eric or Vogel, because I always find it a teensy bit unfair that they have to do other people's characters and don't have any of their own.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm secretly hoping that its a unique character for Eric or Vogel, because I always find it a teensy bit unfair that they have to do other people's characters and don't have any of their own.
I agree, though I sort of hope it's another Peter Lintz character (I have a feeling he'll also be one of the Moopets, but until we see an official cast listing or hear the voices we'll never know).

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
speaking of the voices every time i hear miss poogy talk i think drew massey

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
Somebody pointed out that it looks like Jason Segal is performing Dr. Teeth in the car scene, in additon to appearing on-camera.
I wouldnt have a problem with that - jason segel is great with puppeteering - havent you seen forgetting sarah marshall? there is an awesome scene with a puppet musical based on dracula lol and from what ive heard hes a die hard fan anyway., so Im sure if he was doing it , it would get all the care and passion youd expect from a regular muppeteer :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldnt have a problem with that - jason segel is great with puppeteering - havent you seen forgetting sarah marshall? there is an awesome scene with a puppet musical based on dracula lol and from what ive heard hes a die hard fan anyway., so Im sure if he was doing it , it would get all the care and passion youd expect from a regular muppeteer :smile:
I wonder if he did it naturally or Henson actually trained him. I need to see the DVD again with commentary, they must say something there. And let's not forget, if it wasn't for that movie, there wouldn't be this movie.

In case anyone wonders, YES, this was played with Winnie the Pooh. Actually, it works better theatrically. Though, again, the Moopets part will confuse the more casual Muppet watchers. Seemed to get a good reaction too.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
In case anyone wonders, YES, this was played with Winnie the Pooh. Actually, it works better theatrically. Though, again, the Moopets part will confuse the more casual Muppet watchers. Seemed to get a good reaction too.
I was just going to say that.

I, too, saw the trailer in front of "Winnie the Pooh" yesterday (it had a good crowd even) and it made the audience laugh.

It kinda felt like a new experience seeing the trailer on the big screen.

I'm still wondering when we might see another new trailer, though.