"The Muppets" first preview screening

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Did you sign anything limiting what you can and can't say about the film?

Are Pepe and Bobo the only post-TMS characters (not counting those created for the movie) to have lines or significant screen time?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
Did you sign anything limiting what you can and can't say about the film?
Nope! The only limitation here is morale on spoilers.

Are Pepe and Bobo the only post-TMS characters (not counting those created for the movie) to have lines or significant screen time?
Yes. And even in that, people who don't want much of Pepe won't be disappointed.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
How was Walter? Was he a good enough character that we may see him again?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
How was Walter? Was he a good enough character that we may see him again?
Walter was good for the part. When looking at it, as Muppet he seemed like more of "just a guy", a more calm personality than the Muppets crew being characters and celebrities.

ryan19

Reaction score
WoW!!!

What about the cameos , who where in it ?

& how were the songs too ? i read an artical where kermit sings "Pictures in my head"

Is it good enough that we will get to see a another muppet movie in a few years time ?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
What about the cameos , who where in it ?
If you've kept your eyes off the list of cameos, don't look here!

Of the cameos, the only I really noticed were Zach Galifianakis, Whoopi Goldberg, Selena Gomez, Neil Patrick Harris, and Mickey Rooney. The prison scene with Wanda Sykes and Danny Trejo was apparently cut out.

& how were the songs too ? i read an artical where kermit sings "Pictures in my head"
The "Pictures in my Head" song I really enjoyed. Some of the human-only songs could be perceived as a bit cheesy, but it really set the mood for the rest of the movie.

Be prepared for some good Muppet Show style songs.

Is it good enough that we will get to see a another muppet movie in a few years time ?
I think it was definitively enjoyable enough for another one. But you have to go see it in November for it to count!

ErictheHalfaBee

Reaction score
How are the previously unheard recasts (like Wayne & Wanda, Uncle Deadly, Link, Strangepork) compared to the originals? Do any of them get enough to really be able to judge?

And my gf will be wondering if Robin gets any lines...?

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
How are the previously unheard recasts (like Wayne & Wanda, Uncle Deadly, Link, Strangepork) compared to the originals? Do any of them get enough to really be able to judge?
They all seem to fall into place like they would regularly. While all those characters don't get too much (except for Uncle Deadly), they're all pretty much the same.

And my gf will be wondering if Robin gets any lines...?
Unfortunately for your girlfriend.. While you see very little glimpses of Robin, I guess they decided to leave him alone for this one.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Random question, but from what you saw do you see the appeal of the Muppets transcend the fans and bring in new fans? I would love for this to ignight a whole new batch of fellow Muppet fans!

hiho2themuppets

Reaction score
Random question, but fromwhat you saw do you see the appeal of the Muppets transcend the fans and bring in new fans? I would love for this to ignight a whole new batch of fellow Muppet fans!
I think this was best said from a woman in the focus group. She was a mother of two boys, who have never seen much of The Muppets. After watching the movie, she told them about how she used to watch them when she was a kid. She got a yell of, "YOU used to watch THE MUPPETS?!?".