1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets" first preview screening

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by hiho2themuppets, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm sure you've seen all the classic characters return in the trailers we saw. Were there any more who didn't appear in the trailers that are seen in the movie (no names please, just basically yes or no).

Also, many people here were worried the Muppets would play second-fiddle to the human characters and their romance story. Is such the case?
  2. Yes.
    Definitely not. Have no fear, this is their movie.
    Pork and newsmanfan like this.
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm not reading much of this thread for spoiler's sake, but that's the ONE piece of news I wanted..nay... needed to hear.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  4. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

This makes me very, very happy.
    Bannanasketch likes this.
  5. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

What Muppets are in the getting back together sequences? Did you find the humor funny?
  6. Muppets that get their own scenes are Fozzy, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, Animal, Bunsen & Beaker, Rowlf, and the rest is montaged.

I did. It mostly seemed like all good Muppet humor. I think I laughed the most during what they did ala The Muppet Show.
  7. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Awesome!

Any jokes that would make it feel dated or does it feel rather timeless?

How were the Moopets?

What surprised you in the movie?
  8. Except for the 80's robot..
    All the humor seemed rather timeless.
    Except for a song that they sang, the Moopets is what I liked the least. But I think that's how it's supposed to be.
    That's hard.. Positively, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I was surprised at, for some points, the nostalgic enjoyment that the Muppet Show style gave me. I was surprised at the minor Muppets getting love with actual lines. I didn't expect to laugh as much as I did, let alone with the theater as a whole!
    ..Wait, that wasn't hard at all.
    Barry Lee likes this.
  9. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

How was Janice/The Electric Mayhem?
  10. rizzothechef

rizzothechef New Member

Is the Green Album the soundtrack to the movie? Did any parts of the movie move you nearly to the point of tears in a nostalgic way?!
  11. needforspeed

needforspeed New Member

Awesome, I can't wait for it to come out!!!

Hey, I run a site that catalogs after credits and during credits scenes. Were there by chance any? Maybe it's still a little early, but your the only person so far that I know that's seen it. If you don't want to give anything away, email me at my website: submit@aftercredits.com. Thanks!
  12. The Electric Mayhem was perfect. Unfortunately I don't remember Janice having any lines.
    None of what's on the Green Album was in the movie.
    There was a part that reminded me of the huge old every-muppet endings that almost got me there, really pulling on the memories. It gave me goosebumps.
    EDIT: Sorry! I just realized what you were asking. Nope, there was no after-credit scenes at this screening. (There were no credits at all!)
  13. rizzothechef

rizzothechef New Member

One last question (or asking for advice really)... As you know, the movie does not come to the UK until February. Since the news of the release I have planned to save and go to LA or somewhere to watch the premier (yes I am that much of a fan). Recently my income has dropped dramatically and I will be pushing it to make the funds (from Northern Ireland it will cost about £800/$1300 for flights alone!). From a fan to a fan... should I give up on the idea and wait til February, hoping that I don't come across many spoilers... or is it very much worth me going into debt to get what I want!!!

Sorry for moving out of subject a little. :rolleyes:
  14. No worries at all.
    But I would say.. Fan to a fan, that you really should wait. There aren't many spoilers that could really ruin the movie for you, but just hold out the extra three months and do your best to avoid them and it'll be worth it then.
  15. rizzothechef

rizzothechef New Member

Thanks so much... In a way, thats what I wanted to hear.
  16. I'm really glad I could help.
    (Save the £800 for a large popcorn.)
  17. j3h

j3h Active Member

As a huge Uncle Deadly fan, this answer intreges me. What else can you say about Deadly that doesn't go too spoilerly?
    Thanks
  18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I think all of us want to know, is the "Fart shoes" gag in the movie?
  19. justabit

Well, you can be happy that he gets his part of the story.
  20. Muppet Loverr

Muppet Loverr Member

Im soo hyped up for this movie now !

Overall how was Miss Piggy as a pre2000s character (versus)
    the character habits that Eric Jacobson added on to her .?