Your Thoughts: The Muppets Green Album

What is your favorite song from The Green Album?

• The Muppet Show Theme - OK Go

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - Weezer

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Mahna Mahna - The Fray

• Movin' Right Along - Alkaline Trio

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Our World - My Morning Jacket

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Halfway Down The Stairs - Amy Lee

• Mr. Bassman - Sondre Lerche

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Wishing Song - The Airborne Toxic Event

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Night Life - Brandon Saller

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Bein' Green - Andrew Bird

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • I Hope That Something Better Comes Along - Matt Nathanson

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • I'm Going to Go Back There Someday - Rachael Yamagata

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think there are some odd choices on here and I still wonder how "Our World" made it on the album
Well, it's technically a Muppet song. "Mr. Bassman" and "Halfway Down the Stairs" weren't originated by the Muppets, but they're here.

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
So Disney owns the rights to all the Muppet songs, including those that do not fall under "The Muppets" characters umbrella?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I should warn you all right now that if you haven't ordered the fan pack offered by http://www.muppetsmusic.com/ (and I'm assuming most of you haven't): DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.

The company that put up this website is not Disney but rather Topspin Media, a company that supposedly helps indie bands gain exposure and help them sell items. I did not realize this until my order had been placed. I tried to cancel my order after seeing the goods on this pack cheaper online but Topspin would not cancel, presumably since they charged on my debit card immediately. Now after doing a little internet research, it seems the site is a scam and they take their time shipping out items if they do so at all.

I find it despicable that they would do something like this and refuse to support this company anymore. In a few weeks, I am going to attempt to reverse the charge through my credit card company/bank in hopes I can get my $50 back. Shame on Topspin for ripping off fans of these great bands this way.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I actually forgot Night Life had a drum solo, but guess I forgot about it because I hate drum solos :smirk:

And I'm going to laugh if the cd ends up in Hot Topic.

I dunno. The bands they picked just aren't my type of music. I like aggressive, angry music, not nice girly men music. But whatever floats your boat.

Also, am i the only one who feels the Foo Fighters should have done something?
I agree with your Foo Fighter comment. I wouldn't say my taste skews to "girly sounding", just eclectic. Most the time my mp3 player is filled with Rancid and Ramones as a base for everything else. Green Album is a bit too mellow, but I still do like it a lot. It has a flow.

I know it's being sold through Starbucks and hope Hot Topic and every other sort of outlet carries it too. I still disagree that it's Hot-Topic-sounding. That would have resulted in more of a My Chemical Romance sound IMHO. Not that it would be a bad thing.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Lets agree to disagree :smile:

I'm just not a fan of singers that sound nice with high voices

beakerboy12

Reaction score
L:flirt:VE This!!!!

My favories are Wishing Song and Our World!
But really I love all of these!!! Best album I've heard in a while!

drudo

Reaction score
I enjoy the album as a whole, but I must admit that I don't recognize half the artists on it except in name.

"I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" had always been my favorite Muppet song. Rachael Yamagata is one of my favorite artists. And those two things paired together didn't let me down! A lovely rendition of the song.

There is one glaring missed opportunity here: They Might Be Giants. Disney has worked with them SO frequently, from kids albums to theme songs and whatever else. WHY couldn't they have had them on this album? They'd have knocked almost any one of these songs out of the park.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Ooh...good call! TMBG would have been an awesome inclusion and a collaboration that definately needs to happen at some point or another.

That is one very nice avatar, btw!

beaker

Reaction score
I've tried listening to it for a third time...I just really do not like it at all. And I'm a huge music fan. And major props for mentioning They Might Be Giants!
OK Go, while I'm not into their sound, at least fits with the zanyness.
Most the bands listed are from the Blink 182 period, who even listens to that stuff? They might as well have put Bush, Silverchair, Limp Bizkit and Stone Temple Pilots on there.

Here's a list of bands I think would have been a million times more fitting:

Florence and the Machine
The B-52's
Devo
David Byrne
LCD Soundsystem
They Might Be Giants
MGMT
She And Him(Zoey Deschenel)
Katy Perry(hey, why not?)
Gorillaz
Bloc Party
Empire of the Sun
Justice
Two Door Cinema
The National
Arctic Monkeys
Mumford and Sons
The Decemberists
Silversun Pickups
Interpol
Editors
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Amanda Palmer
Franz Ferdinand
The Black Keys
Muse
Arcade Fire
Flaming Lips

Half these bands I don't even listen too, but I *know* music. This album would be selling like hot cakes if any number of these bands were on it.