The Muppet Show - Zoot Endings

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Danny are you able to provide a screencap for the ITC or ATV endings for any of the following - Lynn Redgrave, Roger Miller, Roy Rogers & Dale Evans?

I'm wanting to check the copyright dates for each, as my memory is the last two have the copyright date 1979 and I can't remember if it's the same for Lynn Redgrave.
Sorry I don't have any original recordings of those episodes you are after.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Uh, I believe some of those all are in the first season. If I can do someone a favour, tell me. (and BTW, I've got some 3th, 4th and 5th season episodes as well. Anyone? I don't mind taking screencaps.)

David French

Reaction score
Uh, I believe some of those all are in the first season. If I can do someone a favour, tell me. (and BTW, I've got some 3th, 4th and 5th season episodes as well. Anyone? I don't mind taking screencaps.)
Do your copies have the original ATV or ITC copyright notices? If so, then we will let you know as to which episodes we are looking for. Thanks.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
Do your copies have the original ATV or ITC copyright notices? If so, then we will let you know as to which episodes we are looking for. Thanks.
I don't have copies. I have the originals. Here in Holland they sometimes sell 3th, 4th or 5th season episodes.

ZootSaxPlayer

Reaction score
Some of the Muppet Show episodes could have used a different version of Zoot's last note. Here are some of my ideas:
- Episode 117 with Ben Vereen: Zoot's saxophone explodes
- Episode 224 with Cloris Leachman: Zoot's saxophone makes an oinking sound
- Episode 412 with Phyllis George: Perfect note comes out of the sax

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Some of the Muppet Show episodes could have used a different version of Zoot's last note. Here are some of my ideas:
- Episode 117 with Ben Vereen: Zoot's saxophone explodes
- Episode 224 with Cloris Leachman: Zoot's saxophone makes an oinking sound
- Episode 412 with Phyllis George: Perfect note comes out of the sax
Those WOULD be nice, but the visuals for the Ben Vereen episode would have been cut due to rebranding in later years (only the audio would remain intact).

anathema

Reaction score
Danny are you able to provide a screencap for the ITC or ATV endings for any of the following - Lynn Redgrave, Roger Miller, Roy Rogers & Dale Evans?

I'm wanting to check the copyright dates for each, as my memory is the last two have the copyright date 1979 and I can't remember if it's the same for Lynn Redgrave.
Lynn Redgrave's show is dated 1978, the other two are indeed 1979.

anathema

Reaction score
General
-------
Each Muppet Show exists in two different edits: the 'domestic', which has left-hand end credits, and is the version aired in the UK; and the 'foreign', which has centered credits and (generally) is the version produced for non-UK sales.

Season 1
--------
Domestic edits end with the 'clean' orchestra shot followed by a shot of Zoot with the ATV logo and copyright superimposed.

Of the foreign edits, the first seven shows end on the orchestra shot with the ATV logo and copyright followed by Zoot with the ITC logo/copyright . The remaining shows omit the ATV copyright.

The sole exception is the Kaye Ballard show, which ends with a shot of Nigel and Rowlf in the orchestra pit. The foreign edit supers both ATV and ITC logos over this shot. Presumably the domestic edit is similar but just used the ATV logo; I don't have a copy to check this.

Season 2
--------
Domestic: I have no tapes to check, but it seems likely that it is the same as the Season 1 ending.

Foreign: the orchestra shot is now almost invariably clean, and the ITC logo/copyright appear over Zoot as before. The ITC graphic has altered and now includes a small ATV logo as well.

There are no specially shot endings to my knowledge, but at least one show - Bob Hope - has the ITC graphic supered over the orchestra shot as well as the Zoot shot.

Season 3
--------
Domestic: as before, a clean orchestra shot followed by Zoot with the ATV logo and copyright. (Obscurely, at least one show - Spike Milligan - has an ITC copyright under the ATV logo.)

Foreign: usually a clean orchestra shot followed by Zoot with the usual ITC logo. An exception is the Leo Sayer show, where the ITC graphic is supered over the orchestra shot as well.

There are three specially shot endings this season: Loretta Lynn, Harry Belafonte, and Roger Miller.

Season 4
--------
Domestic: probably the same as Season 3; I have no tapes to check.

Foreign: the same as Season 3.

There is one known exception: the Dudley Moore show.

Season 5
--------
Domestic: clean orchestra shot followed by the same Zoot shot as for Seasons 3/4.

Foreign: as for the domestic, but with ITC logo/copyright rather than ATV.

One exception: the Mac Davis show.

ZootSaxPlayer

Reaction score
Those WOULD be nice, but the visuals for the Ben Vereen episode would have been cut due to rebranding in later years (only the audio would remain intact).
For the Ben Vereen episode, for all versions, except for the Jim Henson Productions/Television logo, the smoke effect would clear to a black background.