1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Muppet Show - Zoot Endings

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by BlueFrackle, Dec 15, 2002.

1. ilovemusic

ilovemusic Active Member

Oh my gawd.
    I'm sorry, Zootsaxplayer, but I bought the TMS episodes in Germany. And they, to say, cut and stuck the scenes together, for some reason. The last shot from the Roger Miller episode is Statler and Waldorf on their balcony, dressed up/turned into moles. After that, the screen slowly turns black, while the music is still on. Every episode! So also harry Belafonte. I'm so sorry I can't send you the screenshots.
  2. David French

David French Member

Earlier than that; when TV 3in New Zealand played reruns back in the early 1990's, the versions they had used the original ATV/ITC endings. The last few seconds of the Kaye Ballard episode which I have comes from one of those reruns.

That episode has another anomaly, which is the ending that is used on the DVD. Unfortunately (as far as I'm aware), the origins of that ending are still unclear.
  3. anathema

anathema Active Member

Yeah; the earliest recording I've seen that shot on is from the early 90s when the 'Sax & Violence' shot was tagged onto all the other shows. It might have been recorded originally for a trailer - those always involved specially-shot material.

There was a run of episodes in Germany a good few years back too, some of which still had the original ATV/ITC logo at the end. Most of them had the final shot lopped off, though, and ended on either the orchestra shot or on S&W.
  4. ZootSaxPlayer

ZootSaxPlayer Member

That's okay. I'm not upset. Germany usually doesn't have the wide orchestra and Zoot shots.
  5. ZootSaxPlayer

ZootSaxPlayer Member

Does anybody else have an original ITC (or ATV) copy of the Harry Belafonte, Roger Miller, Dudley Moore, and Mac Davis episodes?
  6. David French

David French Member

Good news - I found the tape that had the original ATV copyright notice from the Kaye Ballard episode.

Bad news - I had hoped to take a digital photo off the screen but the tape tends to flicker when you press pause (it plays fine so there are no issues there).

Will have to come up with a new strategy.
  7. anathema

anathema Active Member

Just to check: does your copy have the centred credit roll, or the left-justified one?
  8. David French

David French Member

Regrettably the only bit I've got is from Nigel's line "Play hound, play." to the square ATV copyright notice. When I taped that episode, it was the left-justified credit roll.
  9. ZootSaxPlayer

ZootSaxPlayer Member

Can you please upload a screenshot of the original Rowlf and Nigel ending shot with the ATV logo?
  10. anathema

anathema Active Member

11. ZootSaxPlayer

ZootSaxPlayer Member

Thanks! Do you also have the Harry Belafonte, Roger Miller, Dudley Moore, and Mac Davis episodes?
  12. ZootSaxPlayer

ZootSaxPlayer Member

There's also a closing shot on Playhouse Video releases in which the final shot is actually the Zoot and Rowlf shot, as used in the Season 5 opening. Below is a copyright notice. Does anybody remember that?
  13. anathema

anathema Active Member

14. anathema

anathema Active Member

I do not :-(
  15. ZootSaxPlayer

ZootSaxPlayer Member

Does anybody know what happens in the Henson International Television airing of the Kaye Ballard episode? Is the HIT logo already superimposed over the backstage shot or does something special happen?
  16. ZootSaxPlayer

ZootSaxPlayer Member

Are you able to upload the original Kaye Ballard closing on YouTube?
  17. ZootSaxPlayer

ZootSaxPlayer Member

Can you please upload the ITC orchestra screenshots from the Bob Hope and Leo Sayer episodes?
  18. ZootSaxPlayer

ZootSaxPlayer Member

Can someone upload a screenshot of the German Zoot ending with the ZDF logo?
  19. David French

David French Member

Out of interest, Alex, what TV format does that screenshot come from - PAL or NTSC?
  20. anathema

anathema Active Member

It's from an NTSC Betamax tape.