"The Muppets: The Pig with the Froggy Tattoo" Teaser Trailer Online

Oscarfan

Reaction score
As I said in my previous post, I think that Grover-like character is probably one of the Clodhoppers.

I'm also trying to identify the yellow-ish character slightly hidden behind Big Mean Carl. Looks like another whatnot or the Geri & the Atrics tamborine player.

And I think I see yet another hidden character hidden between Sam Eagle and the suitcase. Who could it be?
The blue character is not a Clodhopper. That's just a monster they've had for several years. And I'm pretty sure the character behind Sam is Wanda.

beaker

Reaction score
WOW. I have to say after seeing this a second time, it's absolutely visionary. I got goosebumps seeing this again. And that song, AMAZING. This is pretty much the kind of odd dance music too I listen to, so the fact it's done for the Muppets makes me all the more happier. If they had an album with weird indie dance music like this (like Yo Gabba Gabba does every year) I'd definitely buy it(I cant stand the Green Album sadly)
But the tone of this, feel, sound....I had been feeling rather down with that full length trailer, kind of knocked the wind out of my sails. But this just nails it. A spoof of my favorite director and some of my fave bands=amazing.

12Medbe

Reaction score

Nice touch with the TV Cameras!

Thrilled beyond words!!!

Kinda proves that the MTM marriage was real, correct?

TSSD

Reaction score

Not necessarily. Just because he has a pic of it doesn't mean it was a real wedding, or it could be a different wedding. Not to mention, this is all just a movie, so maybe in this movie's universe, they are, but that doesn't mean they are in real life.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah the "canon" of The Muppets 2011 film, despite being very "meta" in acknowledging all the previous Muppet films and shows as work they did as actors...it's still it's own canon. There really is no official set canon that encompasses everything

Nick22

Reaction score
With every trailer, I get more excited. I am seriously exploding with excitement for this movie! :big_grin::smile::excited:

zns

Reaction score
They're really pulling out all of the stops with this movie. Let us hope that this will bring our friends back into the spotlight where they belong.

piggyinmanhatte

Reaction score
Not necessarily. Just because he has a pic of it doesn't mean it was a real wedding, or it could be a different wedding. Not to mention, this is all just a movie, so maybe in this movie's universe, they are, but that doesn't mean they are in real life.
don't care, still taking it as canon. :-D

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score

Very cool and surprised they decided to do another parody one. Sorry, I hate to say it but that official full length trailer was terrible. I actually cringe whenever I see it...but the teaser trailers all rock in my view. They should just stuck to those

At first when this was announced I was like "theyre spoofing the new 8 minute Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer in theaters?" What's odd is this is a slapdash song spoof of a cover by Nine Inch Nails/Yeah Yeah Yeahs of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant with random lyrics that doesn't really sound like that song. But I still like it!

Definitely need to see the trailers a few times to see all the hidden obscure characters.

Question now is, WHEN if ever will we see promotion or merch of this movie in the real world (ie: offline)

Thanks for the explanation on what this was actually parodying, beaker.
And it looks pretty cool and funny- nice to see some more background characters in here. I'm pretty stoked that a lot of fairly obscure Muppets should at least have some background cameos so that will be nice to see. And I suppose it's probably not actually him, but as someone else already mentioned, at 1:25, it sures looks like Grover in the audience right in front of Behemoth- but I suppose it's just a Clodhopper who looks like him as was said. Oh well- that may have to be close enough for this movie to have a Sesame Street character cameo (I know the last three didn't, but since they're making such an effort to make this movie more in the grand style of the first three Muppet movies, it would be nice to continue that tradition... oh well- guess I'll just have to wait to see the movie to know for sure on that, but from all I've heard it's the Grover-like Clodhopper may have to be close enough.)​

outerelf

Reaction score

What I find most interesting is that it's Kermit of all Muppets holding the photo. And best of all- he's holding Miss Piggy's picture.