Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Let's Plays" where you basically watch somebody play a video game as they provide commentary.
Those are often hilarious; have you ever watched a Let's Play of the original Super Mario Bros. by some guy called SonicDude? Cracks me up.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ I haven't seen that one, I'm going to have to look it up :smile: If you look up Azureblade he has some HILARIOUS Super Mario Rom Hack videos. Zetaplays and DeceasedCrab are pretty funny too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've actually been noticing something for a long time now: there seems to be some wiseass on YouTube who seems to always be intentionally disliking videos made by people like myself, Kevin, Oscarfan, Colbynfriends, and other MC puppeteers who post their work on YT.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've actually been noticing something for a long time now: there seems to be some wiseass on YouTube who seems to always be intentionally disliking videos made by people like myself, Kevin, Oscarfan, Colbynfriends, and other MC puppeteers who post their work on YT.
How can you tell that? I mean that someone is deliberately doing it to everyone, as opposed to just random people doing it. Not being rude just asking.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How can you tell that? I mean that someone is deliberately doing it to everyone, as opposed to just random people doing it. Not being rude just asking.
Because it's too much of a coincidence that as soon as these videos are uploaded, they receive a thumbs down.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Those are often hilarious; have you ever watched a Let's Play of the original Super Mario Bros. by some guy called SonicDude? Cracks me up.
I've been thinking of doing some Let's Play videos for old games...not sure how I'd record the video and sound at once though (maybe camstudio + audacity + webcam mic? :/) I'm not funny though. I'd just be some idiot talking to herself...and who wants to hear my freakishly annoying voice anyway?

BBBUUUUUUUT thats a side thought because I just noticed the conversation, the really reason I came here is...

Another facebook facelift! These things are getting annoying. Now its ugly and I can't make heads or tails of how your news feed is laid out. Not that I ever read anything on it...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, YouTube must have made more un-necessary changes to the site, because we clearly have some new bugs and glitches that are super annoying...

First of all, the subscriptions module is acting up again, only this time, videos are actually disappearing, so I guess at this point, the old glitch where videos you've already viewed resurfacing in the subscriptions module weeks or even months after you've already watch them is a GOOD thing now, since sometimes, you'll see a video that actually never appeared in your subscriptions when they were first uploaded.

The video player itself has been acting up for like a month now with all kinds of peculiarities, likes sometimes the videos won't buffer, yet you can still watch them; or like today (and other occasions) where you're watching a video, and for some reason, at any given moment, the video will automatically restart (and sometimes multiple times).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I've figured something out with the NEW new chanel designs...we know that last time they were trying to be like Hulu... I think THIS time they're trying to be like Blip.tv.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hate the new design layout. I tried it a few months ago and then went back to the old layout, but then I learned that all channels will automatically switch sometime soon so I just switched back to the new one. I can't write much about my channel this way (on the old layout I included a list of "frequently/rarely/never-asked questions", with answers to important questions people either have asked or questions I would expect viewers to ask).

There was a feature called "insight" where users can see how people are finding each individual video. It seems to be replaced by something I think is called "analytics", which only shows how people are finding videos on my channel, but not how people are findign which video (I've enjoyed checking to see how people have found each video I've done).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So has anyone seen this new facebook timeline thing? Its even more jumbled than that new news feed