Will there be Muppets McDonalds toys?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh wow...those EU New Groove toys rock! Are those on ebay? See Im a fan of the Disney stuff that doesnt get big. New Groove/Kronk/tv series, Fantasia 2000, Chicken Little. LOVE all three of those...but they get no love.
Chicken Little at least had that fantastic figurine set from The Disney store, as well as a few Pez dispensers (no pig, though :ouch: ) and a bunch of bean bags. I think I even saw egg shaped block figures somewhere. But ENG had that Happy Meal, 4 Bean bags (Pacha, both versions of Kuzco, and Yzma... okay... no Kronk), and an Applause plush Kuzco llama.

But I tell you what... I'd kill for those 2009 (or where they last year... I forget) Japanese Yatterman Happy Meal figures. They even had the robot pig climbing up the golden arches.

beaker

Reaction score
What is Yatterman? Hey remember the posable Disney figure collection at McD that spanned every decade? Man McD used to go all out on their fast food toys. Heck by 2000 Burger King had pretty much whole playsets in their fast food toys(like Wild Thorn Berrys) I LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE the Monsters vs Aliens toys, so Im glad McD still has toys. I really wish there was a site where I could see a chronological list with pictures of every single kids meal toy from Taco Bell, Hungry Jacks, Dairy Queen, Carls Jr, Jack in the Box, Hardees, McD, Wendys, etc from the 1970's through present. I guess ebay is the closest. Toys have pretty much sucked in the last decade as far as mainstream stuff

dwmckim

Reaction score
I want an 80's Robot...not a McDonalds toy, just an 80's Robot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What is Yatterman?

1970's Japanese cartoon that had a 2008 redo that I was obsessed with for 2 years... The characters were in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom which miraculously came to the US. That and some old Central Park media released Time Bokan OVA were all the US ever saw of them.

Lemme see if I can find them...
here they are http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae209/DrakenMaster/PICT0097.jpg Image is too big to post here. Kinda disappointed there's no Boyacky, though (that's the character that Nintendo ripped off the design of to create Waruigi). I've been trying to get my hands on Yatterman SOMETHING for a couple years now. Darn convention didn't have anything. I did see a Kewpie Doll keychain of one of the characters a while back.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh those are amazing. No idea what the show is but I want em. I could see maybe a cool new flash version of this show

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, the new series already ended a year or two ago. It was kinda created as a cross promotion because they made a live action movie version of it (that was extremely successful in Japan). Then a few months later it had a regular animated movie (which the original series never had).

It's basically what Nintendo watched to rip off for the Pokemon cartoon... only a whole lot better.

Walter

Reaction score
Well, Mcdonalds has started the whole apples and fries thing... We are now forced to accept both.. but could this be all part of the plan? Remeber, Disney left Mcdonalds because they did not want to be associated with something " So Unhealthy.. So, do you guys think this planned months ahead as a sort of compromise??.. healthier kids meal in exchange for the rebirth of a disney partnership?? I sure hope so..

TheVoiceGuy

Reaction score
If they do make Muppets Mcdonald's toys, I would collect them all! My ideas: 1.Kermit 2.Miss Piggy 3.Fozzie 4.Gonzo 5.Animal 6.Bunsen 7.Beaker 8.Walter 9.Scooter 10.Rowlf 11.The Electric Mayhem 4-pack 12.Statler and Waldorf 13.Swedish Chef 14.Rizzo 15.Pepe 16.Sam the Eagle :smile::mad::embarrassed::concern::halo::confused::eek::wink::sympathy::big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::boo::sleep::hungry::shifty::rolleyes::attitude:

muppfozz

Reaction score
Months ago at the local McD I was told I could not buy just the Happy Meal toy.It was not allowed any more. Maybe this rule is just for the owner of these McD stores.....I was so mad.....I was able to buy the toys from Burger King for the Hop movie so the Burger King is where I check for good toys and was hoping the Muppets would and yes, some toys in kids meals are just sad junk. I remember when the toys were wonderful and were actually something to treasure.