Seven Little Monsters FOUND

Drtooth

Reaction score
As an adult the 7 little monsters thing creeps me...they're not litter they're HUGE. And drinking all the water in the world is kinda scary. Plus maybe they didnt want the kids to get scared by the smaller muppet monsters on the show and start thinking that everyone on sesame street were giants or something...
And what about that house?! I mean... YUUUGGHHH!!! Anything like that running towards the screen would freak kids out. I know a LOT of people who posted on the "What sketches scared you" thread brought up stuff running towards the screen.

Maybe it's the tone of this sketch. Even the "scary" Muppet monsters turn out to be just wacky (Frazzle for example)... maybe if the music was more up beat and cartoony it wouldn't have came off so creepy. It seems that this isn't so much about Monsters scaring villagers as it is wacky monsters having fun. But that point doesn't come across.

BornToWemble

Reaction score
And what about that house?! I mean... YUUUGGHHH!!! Anything like that running towards the screen would freak kids out. I know a LOT of people who posted on the "What sketches scared you" thread brought up stuff running towards the screen.

Maybe it's the tone of this sketch. Even the "scary" Muppet monsters turn out to be just wacky (Frazzle for example)... maybe if the music was more up beat and cartoony it wouldn't have came off so creepy. It seems that this isn't so much about Monsters scaring villagers as it is wacky monsters having fun. But that point doesn't come across.
Well that's a given with the running and the creepy house. That's pure nightmare fuel.

Yeah I think it is definitely the tone. I don't think I was ever afraid of Where the Wild Things Are but animated in his style is definitely creepy. All the so tiny villagers running and the words about them causing trouble....it makes it come off as if they're just purposefully terrorizing people.

Also I had some sesame street book that made me terrified for Herry Monster for a while I was also terrified of Frazzle. I was born in 85 and i don't think he was still in the show a lot so I had no idea he wasn't a mean monster.